Help - weight limit, Notts area

Can anyone help please? I’m trying to find out if Tollerton Lane, past Nottingham airport towards Keyworth has a weight limit on?

Also included, Cotgrave Lane & Cotgrave Road in the direction on Keyworth

Looking at both ends of the road on street view there don’t appear to be any restriction signs.

Unless it’s changed in the last 6 months or so, there are no weight limits on those roads.

Definitely not. It’s a valid detour to avoid the low bridge a little further up the A606.

Tollerton village can be a little tight & watch out for the local Gestapo with his very own speed gun. I always scratch my cheek with 2 fingers (aka Peter Kay) when I’m bombing the village :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, I was sure I hadn’t passed any weight limit signs but I’ve got an NIP type letter from Notts County Council but the signs are facing me when I got to A606. Hmmmm we shall write them a nice little letter back, politely of course haha

Weight limits are usually enforced by local trading standards. IME you tend to get a ‘naughty boy’ letter with an outline of the consequences of doing it again.

I’ve only ever heard of persistent offenders, somewhat stupidly continuing to use their short cuts, being prosecuted.

Tollerton is a village full of very militant nimby’s. I used to work on the airfield & we had constant problems with 'em. I know that they’re often out in force with the speed camera & I know that they’ve always campaigned hard for nasty, smelly, working class big bullies in noisy, heavy lorries to be banished to the lesser areas of Notts.

Strange for a community with a very large percentage population of resident ‘major’ criminals.

I haven’t been down that road for the past 2 weeks & a quick Google brings up vague info on a TRO being either imminent or even maybe currently in force.

If so, unless you are a repeat offender who has been previously & officially warned, you have little to fear.

If what you have been sent is indeed a NIP, get yourself onto Pepipoo, they’ll sort you out.

Update to the above,

Just received a nice letter from Notts County Council trading standards which may be of some use to someone out there :slight_smile:

"All of the roads situated within the area bounded by the A606 Melton Rd, A52 Gamston Lings Bar, A52 Radcliffe Rd, A52 Grantham Rd and the A46 Fosse Way are restricted under the Cotgrave and Tollerton order 8158 which came into force on 29th June 2012.
However from the information provided by you it does appear that inaccuracies exist with the current Weight Restriction sinage that is in place, measures have now taken place to rectify this.
As a consequence of these finding, no further action will be taken in this instance." :smiley: :sunglasses: