HELP!Very easy favour needed for Commercial Motor!

Hi all! Hopefully I’ve posted this early enough to catch those of you shipping out this afternoon before you head to port…Fingers crossed! :open_mouth:

I’m doing an article for CM about who the nominal top 10 continental companies coming in and out of the UK are. In order to identify them I need a few people to do me a small favour on their in and outbound journeys, maybe for a couple of weeks? Or even just this week if that’s too daunting? :grimacing:

All I need is for you to write down the 10-15 most visible non-UK or Irish hauliers on the boat or train with you. Simple as that. No-one needs to commit to being quoted or anything remotely public, I literally just need as many people as possible using as many exit and entry points as possible to Mainland Europe to make me a list so I can see which 10 names crop up the most.

I’m on a bit of a tight schedule with this now - I’ll be honest, there was a Plan A but it’s somewhat fallen apart, so this is Plan B and a more than slightly desperate plea! So please, please, please can some of you take up the gauntlet? :open_mouth: :blush: :grimacing:

Thanks in hopeful…nay, begging…anticipation! :grimacing: :blush: :grimacing:

Most visible ones I see on our roads are Warberers and Stoptrans

Duvenbeck. Loads of these too.

I see all the time Norbert Dentressangle.
Waberers.
Pascuale trans.
Stoptrans
Link.
TFE.
Eurotransporti.
Transportes Saint Arnould.
Fiolet transportes.
Pawalinski.

Thanks guys, it all helps! :grimacing:

Lucy:
Thanks guys, it all helps! :grimacing:

did you say you wanted what was on the BOAT … not driving around as the previous members have posted …
Would you not want the port to port name too Lucy

nick2008:
did you say you wanted what was on the BOAT

Oh sorry, I thought you said hard shoulder :slight_smile:

That’s the ideal, Nick, certainly. But it all helps. This isn’t, after all, any kind of formal survey, just the easiest way I could think of to decide which 10 to go with! :wink:

Often times i´ve seen Carna Ireland and ECS (Gartner) Belgium, Primafrio Spain…or IRF Netherlands…most times they are shipping between Calais to Dover or Dunkerque - Dover but other routes too…
Waberer often times use the Channel Tunnel…
Jantschitsch Germany, Schmechel Germany, Kottmeyer Germany a lot of times on Train…
But i´m sure Waberer will be the Leader in the Top 10.

m1cks:

nick2008:
did you say you wanted what was on the BOAT

Oh sorry, I thought you said hard shoulder :slight_smile:

tart :unamused:

Waberers
hsf nl
Spanish fridges with yellow units cant think of name
Mainly ro drivers
Nd
Duvenbeck germany but under eastern plates to

This biggest ones at train can think of top my head and always 1 ir two there

Trains

Waberer’s
Willi Betz
HSF NL
Duvenbeck
Norbert Dentressangle
UPS
German Parcels drawbars - Schuh
Sitra (Belgian Tankers)
Ewals
Stobart
Arcese (Italians)
Jan De Rijk (Dutch Aircargo)
Emons Group

Ferries
Primofrigo (Spanish)
Norbert Dentressangle
De Rooy Dutch
Link (Polish)
Transallaince (French)
Omega Pilzno (Polish)
Finejas (LT)
Vos Logistics
Trawoeger (Austrian)
odd of LKW Walter trailers
odd of DHL trailers
Sertrans (Spanish)
odd of DSV trailers

Brilliant, keep it coming please lads! :grimacing:

j c fiolet

And the Turkish ; EKOL and MARS.

Those are mainly the Dover-Calais crossings … on the Hook boats, it is mainly Dutch boys. Housemans, Jan De Rijk, are two of the most seen on this route.

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming… :sunglasses:

gettin-on:
Waberers
hsf nl
Spanish fridges with yellow units cant think of name
Mainly ro drivers
Nd
Duvenbeck germany but under eastern plates to

This biggest ones at train can think of top my head and always 1 ir two there

that Duvenbeck must be the new willi betz or it’s equivilent mainly all talibhan drivers

Koops
hartl dont think any of there drivers are over 16 well they dont look it any way
Trato spanish mainly eastern Europe answer

Was on the train today, I didn’t a a dominance of any particular fleet. Lot more British trucks than I normally see, including Downton, SJ Piece, Matthews, Abby tankers and Stobarts.

The one foreign fleet that I always seem to notice on the tunnel is TSA, but that maybe because their trailers have pictures of beer on them. :laughing: