Help. trucksatnav uk

Hi All

Ive been a Class 2 For a few years now. I’ve invested into my Class 1 on the hoping I pass first time I’m looking for a trucker Satnav to help me in the long hauls.

Just seeing if anyone would be willing to give any feedback on any decent ones.

I know Snoopers are meant to be the best however I know a few people who regret the purchase because it adds an unnecessary 8 miles to avoid roads that are truck friendly.

I’m torn between the TOMTOM TRUCKER 6000 (come out last month) and the GARMIN TRUCKER 760LMT.

anyone who can give any advice would be appreciated as these devices are not cheap.

Many Thanks.

Never had one of those mentioned but I’m quite happy with renault’s navtruck app for my iphone. It’s basically the same as copilot but a bit cheaper at £80

Truth is mate, theyre all carrying their individual shortcomings. No such thing as an infallible nav, whatever the price tag. Eyeballs, however, are free, and *should* last a lifetime! I have a snooper db8500 which cost me a kings ransom, but it transmits everything through the cab stereo, has DAB, TV, plays movies, mp3 tunes, bluetooth phone as well etc, so this comes at a price. No matter how much advice rolls in, the stark truth is that you pays yer money and takes yer chance!

Have a trawl through the countless threads on this subject - you`ll end up more confused than you started out!

■■■■■■■:
Truth is mate, theyre all carrying their individual shortcomings. No such thing as an infallible nav, whatever the price tag. Eyeballs, however, are free, and *should* last a lifetime! I have a snooper db8500 which cost me a kings ransom, but it transmits everything through the cab stereo, has DAB, TV, plays movies, mp3 tunes, bluetooth phone as well etc, so this comes at a price. No matter how much advice rolls in, the stark truth is that you pays yer money and takes yer chance!

Have a trawl through the countless threads on this subject - you`ll end up more confused than you started out!

LOL! Thanks ■■■■■■■. I did look at that Snooper. I know eyeballs are the king for the road. but I do lack in experience until the day comes where I can give advice (years to come) a helping hand by the satnav combined with my eyeballs… I should be winning! lol

do you find your Snooper is accurate ?

There is idea what to do in such case if you are confused in buying the beloved sat nav. Get three of them - Garmin, TomTom and Snooper. Test and compare them and return two of them within 28 days from the date of the purchase :smiling_imp:

I swear by the Chinese ones you get off ebay. The one I had cost me £40 and never let me down. Somehow I managed to break it when it was in my bag though. Deffo be getting another one. Really don’t see the point in spending £100’s on one, at the end of the day all a satnav is, is a digital map, you still need to use your noggin whatever you use.

use all dancing all singing snooper and a map never let me down yet If you dont like the snooper route as it takes you a differant way on more truck friendly roads you can tell it to map you via a location and road works a treat and have a good road map to use alongside it!

TRUCKERSEAN:
I’m torn between the TOMTOM TRUCKER 6000 (come out last month) and the GARMIN TRUCKER 760LMT.

anyone who can give any advice would be appreciated as these devices are not cheap.

Many Thanks.

The Garmin 760 was replaced with the 770 this year. I’ve got one and in most respects it’s better than the old model (I had the 560, not the 760) - fewer bugs and more screen info, and with voice commands. The observation about going circuitous routes on the grounds that they’re truck friendly applies to this one as well, but you can set it to prefer shorter rather than quicker routes, to avoid tolls or not, and so on.

They still have the old speed limits and Garmin haven’t given a date for when it will be updated for the new ones - when their mapping providers get round to it, they told me by email.

TRUCKERSEAN:

■■■■■■■:

LOL! Thanks ■■■■■■■. I did look at that Snooper. I know eyeballs are the king for the road. but I do lack in experience until the day comes where I can give advice (years to come) a helping hand by the satnav combined with my eyeballs… I should be winning! lol

do you find your Snooper is accurate ?

Hi Sean - I find my Snooper just fine 95% of the time, but just like myself, it gets confused and lost on occasions! I have a philips navigator truck atlas and a smartphone to fall back on, and have never failed to find a drop/collection, no matter how well hidden they might be! I never put all my eggs in one basket though, if you catch my drift!

I use a trucktables sat nav. Never had a problem with any height or weight restrictions.

Only thing that drives me mad is that some of the speed camera warnings are out of date. When they were put in the satnav there must’ve been large amounts of construction on some motorways with 50mph average speeds on them because cruising through at 56mph it goes ape at you. SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN!

I have a cheapo Chinese job,it works fine.If I lose it or drop it it wont matter as if it were a TomTom or any other three figure thing.

I have got a nozatec, 36 quid of eBay and it has only let me down twice, once in Tottenham and once on the way to erith but just think it had a wobbler that day as I went again the other day and took me the route I wanted to take!!

I am pretty tight and won’t spend hundreds on a sat nav! Can’t justify the money as I am not full time tramping at the minute!!

I have just bought a Trucker 6000 to use with motorhome. Having a few teething problems which is why I have joined this group :slight_smile:

I can help out on it one way, though … if you phone TomTom and you have an existing TomTom device, they will sell the Trucker 6000 to you direct with 25% discount :slight_smile: I paid £239.99 with free P&P and they threw in a high quality hard carry case worth £25 aswell. Cheaper than I could find anywhere on net :slight_smile:

Does the ebay one, give you height and weight restrictions

Bit late on this but trucknet new boy!
I use copilot on my iPhone & it’s only let me down once (it doesn’t seem to know anything about canal bridges) but I use it in conjunction with the highways app 4 traffic & my old map with all bridges on,
You can’t beat a bit if forward planning [emoji12]