Help! Show Truck Insurance

Now I have the funds there I’m putting everything into place for buying my unit for the shows. The only thing I need to sort out is insurance but nobody that does LGV insurance will cover a unit taxed as a private HGV intended for show use only and all the classic commercial insurers won’t look at it as the truck won’t be old enough, what to do or where to go? Can anybody point me in the right direction■■?

If you’ve not already tried this company they’re worth a shot.
barrygraingerinsurance.co.uk/
They covered my Peterbilt for £110.00 fully comp (it was a 1977 truck though)

Tramper:
If you’ve not already tried this company they’re worth a shot.
barrygraingerinsurance.co.uk/
They covered my Peterbilt for £110.00 fully comp (it was a 1977 truck though)

I just tried them just now but they only do classic commercials. Thanks anyway Tramper.

euroscot:
Now I have the funds there I’m putting everything into place for buying my unit for the shows. The only thing I need to sort out is insurance but nobody that does LGV insurance will cover a unit taxed as a private HGV intended for show use only and all the classic commercial insurers won’t look at it as the truck won’t be old enough, what to do or where to go? Can anybody point me in the right direction■■?

I don’t know whether this company can help you:Richardson Hosken (01277 206911). They are brokers and use Equity Red Star. They have insured all my vehicles ranging from 1920’s Rolls-Royces to 2007 motorhomes. Not lorries, I admit, but no request seems to faze them, and their service is 2nd to none! It must be worth the cost of a phone call to ask, and if they can’t they may be able to tell you who can. Other possibles are Adrian Flux - Norfolk area, and Footman James.

Good luck in your search for suitable insurance

xtruckerlady:

euroscot:

I don’t know whether this company can help you:Richardson Hosken (01277 206911). They are brokers and use Equity Red Star. They have insured all my vehicles ranging from 1920’s Rolls-Royces to 2007 motorhomes. Not lorries, I admit, but no request seems to faze them, and their service is 2nd to none! It must be worth the cost of a phone call to ask, and if they can’t they may be able to tell you who can. Other possibles are Adrian Flux - Norfolk area, and Footman James.

Good luck in your search for suitable insurance

i might try them myself if what i want comes to plan :sunglasses: