Help Required...Dover

Before I ask, I would like to let the Mods know that I have permission from both Rikki & Lucy to post this request.

Has anyone got a recent analogue tacho showing them as having gone through the scanner at Dover?

I’m not at liberty to explain any further but it is simply for a legal comparison with one showing a trip where the scanner was not utilised.

A copy of this would be appreciated very much and the owners details could be blacked out before scanning if required.

If you can help please email me at pat.nicholson@tiscali.co.uk

Many thanks

Pat

Made sticky by dd.

Hi Pat,

In an effort to help, I’ve stickied (and bumped) your topic so it doesn’t slip too far down the forum before folks have chance to see it and answer. :wink:

I hope you get a good result. :smiley:

Thanks Dave :smiley:

I did have a very helpful phone call from an old mate last night that has helped a lot, but we’ll give this ‘long shot’ until the weekend anyway.

Pat

Have an analogue chart alright from Oct /Nov last year.Is that recent enough?

No, but the next time I get scanned I will bear it in mind and send you a copy of the chart, I get it from time to time. Is it only the D.E.D scanner you are interested or will the one at the Channel Tunnel do?

The tunnel would be the best one please Harry.

Are you weighed before going on the train?

Whiplash, was that Dover or the Tunnel?

Thanks for the help guys.

Pat

bloodoodle:
Are you weighed before going on the train?

No, not weighed either side before boarding the train. Weighed in Dover but not in Calais when using the ferry.

Thanks Coffee :smiley:

Is the CMR checked against the load at all before going through the tunnel?

Sorry for all the questions but this is a whole new world to me :unamused:

Apart from a mad trip to Valencia with Biggus, I never did get out of the UK lorry driving :smiley:

Pat

bloodoodle:
Thanks Coffee :smiley:

Is the CMR checked against the load at all before going through the tunnel?

Sorry for all the questions but this is a whole new world to me :unamused:

Apart from a mad trip to Valencia with Biggus, I never did get out of the UK lorry driving :smiley:

Pat

At the tunnel the CMR is not checked, they ask you what you are carrying and i always lied to them, anything from gorilla meat to inflatable dogs.

At the ferry I used to tell them it was groupage, pallets or machinery but never handed them my CMR

HI Pat

I got scanned today on the French side at the train coming home and the other day going out (there are lots of me getting scanned going out :frowning: :frowning: ). I will try to copy and scan one when I get home.

On the French side they copy your cmr at the scanner but not on the English side they just ask whether your loaded or empty.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Annitram, that’s a big help and a scanned chart would be a great if you can manage it please.

Pat

I went through the scanner at Purfleet today having shipped in from Rotterdam on the overnight Cobelfret ferry, when I looked at my chart later it didn’t show anything out of the ordinary.

Don’t know if it is relevant but it is not the same type of scanner that they use at Dover, it is an 18-tonne rigid-bodied lorry-mounted scanner (they park you alongside it and then a little UKBA man reverses it the length of the truck, which I suppose is about as far from long-distance lorry driving as you can get…sad cases!) :wink:

Harry Monk:
I went through the scanner at Purfleet today having shipped in from Rotterdam on the overnight Cobelfret ferry, when I looked at my chart later it didn’t show anything out of the ordinary.

Don’t know if it is relevant but it is not the same type of scanner that they use at Dover, it is an 18-tonne rigid-bodied lorry-mounted scanner (they park you alongside it and then a little UKBA man reverses it the length of the truck, which I suppose is about as far from long-distance lorry driving as you can get…sad cases!) :wink:

Those little Iveco scanners at Coquelles must be the lowest mileage lorries on the planet for their age :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think they’ve been properly trained to interpret the images at Purfleet yet, they didn’t spot the 26 tonnes of cigarettes in among my load of tomatoes today. :wink:

Thanks for having a look at it Harry, but it does need to be a Dover chart for comparison :slight_smile:

Pat

bloodoodle:
Thanks Annitram, that’s a big help and a scanned chart would be a great if you can manage it please.

Pat

Hi Pat

you have an Email

annitram

Email received Annitram, and exactly what I was looking for too.

I’m in Boscastle at the moment on holiday but I’ll get back to you by email as soon as I return.

Many thanks, it’s much appreciated :smiley:

Pat

bloodoodle:
Email received Annitram, and exactly what I was looking for too.

I’m in Boscastle at the moment on holiday but I’ll get back to you by email as soon as I return.

Many thanks, it’s much appreciated :smiley:

Pat

Hi Pat,

Happy hols!! :smiley:

I’m glad to see that you’re getting good help with your question. :wink:

Could you please drop me a PM when this topic has run its course, then I can unsticky it.

Cheers,

Dave. :smiley:

Sorry Dave :blush:

The Cornish air must have gone to my head and I forgot to let you know :blush:

You can unsticky it now and many thanks to all who helped out.

My lips still have to be sealed on this one but I can assure you, you have been helping a fellow driver.

Thanks again

Pat