Help renewing my medical

I’m doing(done) my medical before it’s due in feb as I’m going on holiday and start a new job when I get back so hopfully have my license sorted, my question is do I just send the D4 form and my card to DVLA, which post code for this, or is there anything else (any fee, other form(s))

ps what are my chances of getting a pass:- bp154/94

Wish you well with that, i usually go on holiday around July/august, which is the time my licence is due, and i`m driving to BG this year, so i was going to write to DVLA and ask if i can renew around June time, but dont know if thats possible. My licence the last couple of years has taken up to 3 months, and this year i have to have a treadmill test, so am looking at early June to start the process.

You may have to send a D2 Form.
Perhaps you check Age of Photo and Expire date of Digital Tacho Card.
You can print the Form from DVLA Website.

dreamlands2001:
I’m doing(done) my medical before it’s due in feb as I’m going on holiday and start a new job when I get back so hopfully have my license sorted, my question is do I just send the D4 form and my card to DVLA, which post code for this, or is there anything else (any fee, other form(s))

You require the completed D4, a D47p or a D2, (Licence renewal or initial licence application, either form will do), most main Post offices now do them as a pack complete with addressed envelope for the DVLA. Plus your photocard licence. No fee unless you are renewing your photo, for that you require the D2 form.
It’s preferable to get your eyesight test done at an opticians as not all doctors now have the correct equipment to do the test.
Although slightly high, your BP is well within the tolerance given in the D4, it accepts 180/100. I have shown a reading of 150/96 and had no query from the DVLA, as most doctors make an allowance for “White coat syndrome”.
They are not quick at returning your licence these days, can be up to ten weeks!
If you hear nothing after three weeks, you can take it that there is no problem or they would have been back at you, but you can always ring the medical department direct to ask them how your licence is progressing, I’ve done that.
The number to ring is:

0300 790 6806

Good luck.

bestbooties:

dreamlands2001:

You require the completed D4, a D47p or a D2, (Licence renewal or initial licence application, either form will do), most main Post offices now do them as a pack complete with addressed envelope for the DVLA. Plus your photocard licence. No fee unless you are renewing your photo, for that you require the D2 form.
It’s preferable to get your eyesight test done at an opticians as not all doctors now have the correct equipment to do the test.
Although slightly high, your BP is well within the tolerance given in the D4, it accepts 180/100. I have shown a reading of 150/96 and had no query from the DVLA, as most doctors make an allowance for “White coat syndrome”.
They are not quick at returning your licence these days, can be up to ten weeks!
If you hear nothing after three weeks, you can take it that there is no problem or they would have been back at you, but you can always ring the medical department direct to ask them how your licence is progressing, I’ve done that.
The number to ring is:

0300 790 6806

Good luck.

Thanks bestbooties that’s really helpful

if your license does not come back in good time ask them for a covering letter in case of roadside checks

dreamlands2001:

The cut-off points are 160/100 so you are fine on both of them.

Harry Monk:

dreamlands2001:

The cut-off points are 160/100 so you are fine on both of them.

It always used to be 180/100, but whatever, he should have no problem.

malcob:
if your license does not come back in good time ask them for a covering letter in case of roadside checks

I never bothered, when I was pulled and told the old bill my licence was in the post, after he stopped laughing, he got on the 'phone and confirmed my status in a couple of minutes.
In anticipation of being pulled however, I carried with me scanned copies of my licence and D4/D2 to prove I had sent them.
The fact that my HGV entitlement had expired, the fact that I had passed all the criteria is sufficient to drive on, if you check on the DVLA site it will tell you that.
If it takes ten weeks for them to send your licence back, the validity of that licence starts from when they send it, result? you get a free extension.
My entitlement used to expire on my birthday in July, but over this last couple of years it now expires in September!
(Bearing in mind I have to renew my entitlement every year).

Mines due 5th feb sent it all off rung them today its in the hands of the medical department but they have an 11 week back log so i have asked them to send me a letter to say i can still drive till its done although they said i didnt need to as its in the application stage btw i sent mine to the vocational licence section