Help please rog/tachograph

hi trying to work out a shift pattern and want to know if i can do this shift 1 or 2 weeks on trot before having long pay back ?

mon 04.00 to 16.45 , tues 04.00 to 16.45 , wed 04.00 to 16.45 thurs 04.00 to 16.45 , fri OFF , sat 04.00 to 13.00 sun OFF ,

can i do this for 2 weeks then not work the sat of the 3 rd week to pay back reduced rest ■■ or just work 1 week and have sat off 2 week then work a sat following week and have following sat off etc…

From looking at the weekly rest between ending on Thursday afternoon at 16:45 and performing another duty on Saturday morning, that’s only 35 hours 15 minutes, reduced weekly rest by 9 hours 45 minutes as illustrated here - > drivinghours.com/playground/report/

However, if we end your week at 13:00 on Sunday, accept it’s a reduced weekly rest, you need to pay this time back

When you start again on Monday morning at 04:00, we can see there was a reduced weekly rest by 9 hours 45 minutes which needs to be added to a standard rest time

When you end the Saturday duty at 13:00, add on a standard 11 daily rest, add on the amount of hours you reduced your weekly rest by, then you have paid it all back by the time you start again at 04:00 on the next Monday morning, however there’s no sign of a standard weekly rest period of at least 45 hours.

In the illustration in the playground, it’s showing your WTD hours as about 56 hours, so unless there’s periods of POA, you’d have to think of another way to try to reduce WTD hours

btw, I just noticed from the example you gave, the total Duty Hours added up tp 60 hours, I’ve seen others get confused with this weekly total, it’s only work time that can’t exceed 60 hours, I’ve not seen any limit on Duty Time per week

pimmer73:
hi trying to work out a shift pattern and want to know if i can do this shift 1 or 2 weeks on trot before having long pay back ?

mon 04.00 to 16.45 , tues 04.00 to 16.45 , wed 04.00 to 16.45 thurs 04.00 to 16.45 , fri OFF , sat 04.00 to 13.00 sun OFF ,

can i do this for 2 weeks then not work the sat of the 3 rd week to pay back reduced rest ■■ or just work 1 week and have sat off 2 week then work a sat following week and have following sat off etc…

The weekly rest needs to have a regular 45 used for at least every other week and looking at that shift pattern I cannot see that as you will only have a regular every third week

If you had fri sat sun and mon off every third week then it would be legal as those 4 days off in a row can be 2 x regular weekly rests for the week before and the week starting - that would make regular regular reduced regular regular reduced …

thanks for your help and advice ,

steve

Had an extra thought on this…

If you had fri sat sun mon off every third weekend then that would be legal with the other 2 weekends only having sunday off

Work mon to sat = week 1
sun off = reduced weekly rest A
Work mon to sat = week 2
sun off = reduced weekly rest B
Work mon to thu = week 3
fri sat sun mon off = 2 x regular weekly rests C and D

Week 1 = D
Week 2 = A
Week 3 = C
B is not used as the weekly rest for any week but must be there to prevent more than 144 hours being done between weekly rests and it does not need compensating for so all the time over 24 hours of that reduced weekly rest can be used as payback for A