Help please need quick response WTD/ RTD question

If I were to work & drive for more than six hours , would the working time directive show up as an infringement please?

Yes

Absolutely. I got one last week for 6 hours 4 minutes.

Hi truster, thank you for the confirmation of that , how soon on the sixth hour would I need to have a 30 minute break please ?
Thanks Terry , all info greatly appreciated

before the 6 hrs are up.

Thanks truckyboy, so am I right in thinking that if you go over the sixth hour by seconds or a minute, then it is an infringement ?

You need to start a 15 minute break before going over 6 hours working time.

If your total working time for the shift is more than 6 hours but not more than 9 hours you will need another 15 minute break completed at-least 1 minute before the end of the shift.

bonnie lass:
Thanks truckyboy, so am I right in thinking that if you go over the sixth hour by seconds or a minute, then it is an infringement ?

If you go over 6 hours working time by one minute it’s an infringement, it’s not a serious infringement though and VOSA won’t do you for it.

Thanks tachograph, I usually do about 12 to 13 hours shift, but deem it out of sorts to do that shift with a 45 minute break only , at the nineth hour :frowning:
got a row for trying to keep myself legal, got to explain to boss later

Yeah, 9 hours is too long to work without a break. If your boss expect that then he’s a ■■■■.

And as stated above it’s 15 minutes break by 6 hours, not 30. This is an extremely common misconception to the point that more people believe it’s 30 than 15. Not on here but out in the wild.

If doing a 13 hour shift with no POA so its only driving, other work and breaks then be careful not to miss a break in the back part of the shift for RTD breaks

Drive/work 6 hours
45 min break = driving time reset
Drive/work 6 hours 15 mins
= OOPS because over 6 hours ‘work’ done in back part of shift

Drive/work 6 hours
15 min break
Drive/work 2 hours
30 min break = driving time reset
Drive/work 4 hours 15 mins
= OK

Easiest way to remember is this;
Upto 6 hours = 15 mins

Upto 9 hours = 30 mins

Upto 12 hours = 45 mins

Remember you’re 4.5 hours takes PRIORTY = 45 mins or split daily rest = 3 hours uninterrupted :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hi all ,Thanks Terry T , & Thanks Rog,
Hi fatboyslimslow, thanks for all the info.
Is there anything that won’t allow you to take the full 30 minutes in one block before the six hours limit, Please?

And another question I have is about doctors check ups on night shift working, as yet I have no Information for this , does anybody know how this works please?

Fatboy slimslow:
Upto 6 hours = 15 mins

Upto 9 hours = 30 mins

Upto 12 hours = 45 mins

I’m almost scared to reply, especially if it gets as deep as the ferry rest thread :open_mouth:

Many thanks to you all for the information you all put forward, I have a result & breaks appear to be sorted now …happy days :smiley:

And many thanks for those who put it all into easy to understand wording, that way it is easy to understand fully :smiley: :smiley:

Happy trucking everyone :smiley:

Terry T:

Fatboy slimslow:
Upto 6 hours = 15 mins

Upto 9 hours = 30 mins

Upto 12 hours = 45 mins

I’m almost scared to reply, especially if it gets as deep as the ferry rest thread :open_mouth:

lol :grimacing: