Help please daf cf night heater not working

Hi ya

Does anyone know where the fuse is for the night heater in a daf cf 2003 got a cf for 2 weeks and heater not working switched it on by the bunk but no lights come on, any tips please?

Thanks James

Have you turned it on with the switch on the dash?

It’s only September, WTF would you need a night heater for in the next two weeks?

Don’t you know the old trucker’s saying? “Night heater before November means a winter to remember.” :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
It’s only September, WTF would you need a night heater for in the next two weeks?

Don’t you know the old trucker’s saying? “Night heater before November means a winter to remember.” :wink: :smiley:

STFU you. I used the night heater every night, even in middle of summer (just on low, mind :stuck_out_tongue: ). Stops the cab becoming bollox cold around 4-5am when you need to get up. For me, no night heater = no night out :open_mouth: . Call me a ■■■■ or whatever you like, I don’t care, that’s the way it is :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: .

And to answer the question, yes I agree that you haven’t switched on the rocker switch on the dash.

DS074:
Have you turned it on with the switch on the dash?

What He said. There’s a seperate switch on the dash on the CFs

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

STFU you. I used the night heater every night, even in middle of summer (just on low, mind :stuck_out_tongue: ). Stops the cab becoming bollox cold around 4-5am when you need to get up. For me, no night heater = no night out :open_mouth: . Call me a ■■■■ or whatever you like, I don’t care,

You’re a ■■■■ or a whatever. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Its been down to low single figure temps at night in Scotland last week, glad the one in my crapego works!

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

STFU you. I used the night heater every night, even in middle of summer (just on low, mind :stuck_out_tongue: ). Stops the cab becoming bollox cold around 4-5am when you need to get up. For me, no night heater = no night out :open_mouth: . Call me a ■■■■ or whatever you like, I don’t care,

That’s cool . At least I’m cozy and warm in my bunk rather than freezing my bollox off thinking “I’m 'ard me, look NO night heater! WOW! OMGz give me a medal, man!!” :stuck_out_tongue: Night heater FTW :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: .

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

That’s cool . At least I’m cozy and warm in my bunk rather than freezing my bollox off thinking “I’m 'ard me, look NO night heater! WOW! OMGz give me a medal, man!!” :stuck_out_tongue: Night heater FTW :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: .

What time do you leave your Blue rope light switched on until then■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Southern softies :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

I thought I had a hard life on the coaches - whenever I get a night or 2 away its hotels all the way :laughing: :laughing:

Ah a switch on the dash! I will have a look tomorrow when I’m in it! Where abouts on the dash? I no I’m thick first time in a cf as you might of guessed lol

remove the odd socks & all the pubic hair and fire it up again

Jamest535:
Ah a switch on the dash! I will have a look tomorrow when I’m in it! Where abouts on the dash? I no I’m thick first time in a cf as you might of guessed lol

Iirc from my old CF artic, it’s either above or below the normal fan controls. Can’t remember what the symbol is on it but I think mine had a green light on it when it was on. When you press it if you look at the night heater console on the back wall, a yellow LED should light up on it to tell you it’s on. Don’t forget the night heaters don’t start up straight away and it could be a few mins before you hear anything happening.

Jamest535:

It’s in the middle somewhere. The icon on it is three sides of a square, the bottom line is missing, and there is a half circle with three wavy lines (heat) coming from it within the square.

Jamest535:

it would be on the dashboard, that would be the big bit that is between you and the windscreen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , try looking at the bank of switches in the sticky out bit in the middle of the dash (the bit above the engine hump), it will have the night heater symbol on it

Wheel Nut:
remove the odd socks & all the pubic hair and fire it up again

Urgh! Don’t miss having to do that!

Night heater? What’s one of them? When I was driving it was a hot cup of tea or coffee and an extra blanket. (Oh, and air con was an open window and the hole in the floor round the bottom of the gear lever). You drivers don’t know your born nowadays.

xtruckerlady:
Night heater? What’s one of them? When I was driving it was a hot cup of tea or coffee and an extra blanket. (Oh, and air con was an open window and the hole in the floor round the bottom of the gear lever). You drivers don’t know your born nowadays.

Probably true, or they have never been anywhere cold :confused: