Help please - Daf cf 85/360 62 plate

Hi, does anyone know if it’s possible to set the seat so that it bounces less? :open_mouth:

Thanks x

As far as I’m awhere no .

Front to rear
Dump
Tilt
Raise / Lower
Little toggle is lumber
Handle pull up back recline to upright

Front of the seat
Handle to slide whole seat front to back
Little tab centre of seat pad (swab) unlocks to slide just seat / swab .

Some seats have a heater switch little rocker In front of the dump

Other seats have differing fittings but this seems the norm in DAF’s trucks

Press all the buttons til it miraculously sets up right then leave it.

Tris:

No doubt resulting in your utter rage when a fitter moves said settings for the inspection :wink:

F-reds:

Tris:

No doubt resulting in your utter rage when a fitter moves said settings for the inspection :wink:

I think you`re right there. Must be part of the 6 week check to ensure all seat settings can be, and must be, adjusted. And a truck can never be given to a standard size fitter. They are carefully selected to be either one foot taller or one foot shorter than the habitual driver.

Eat at a good old greasy spoon for a year, that’ll stop it moving [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh well thanks anyway, have to get used to it.

Just find that my foot bounces up and down on the gas pedal with the bouncing of the seat, it’s not great kangarooing down the road. Tried to adjust it.

Depending on the type of seat, some have a lock off button that isolates the air suspension. However, I’ve only had this seat on a 54 reg Foden Alpha (same cab if you didn’t know). Since the Foden I’ve driven Daf CFs on 02, 09 (currently) and 61 plates and none of these had the lock off or second lumbar button.
I guess all the CFs I’ve driven have had the “cheap seats”?
I will say the CF seat is notorious for being a bar steward for getting right, sometimes I just cannot get comfortable.

Thanks for that Muckaway. I failed the assessment in a tipper in the end. :frowning:

sammy770:
Thanks for that Muckaway. I failed the assessment in a tipper in the end. :frowning:

You didn’t drive fast enough? Too considerate to cyclists? :smiling_imp:
Go on, who was the assessment with?

I was driving a loaded Tipper (4 over 4 gearbox) but when I got to a sharp uphill bend in a village I messed the low gears up. Then I stalled it turning into the yard. It was a bit daunting though as I am used to 7.5 tonne auto. High range was fine. I’m really annoyed with myself as I did myself out of a job. I think tipper work would suit me being female and not really built for a lot of heavy lifting.

sammy770:
Oh well thanks anyway, have to get used to it.

Just find that my foot bounces up and down on the gas pedal with the bouncing of the seat, it’s not great kangarooing down the road. Tried to adjust it.

Put the seat slightly lower so more or your heel is on the floor an it will stop that happening.

sammy770:
I’m really annoyed with myself as I did myself out of a job.

If it’s any consolation, that’s nothing compared to drivers I’ve worked with. :laughing:

Muckaway:

sammy770:
I’m really annoyed with myself as I did myself out of a job.

If it’s any consolation, that’s nothing compared to drivers I’ve worked with. :laughing:

I didn’t think we’d worked together mate! :open_mouth: