Help, parking tonight!

Currently at Tebay southbound M6, I’ve got an hour left. Anyone know where I can park tonight without having to pay?
Normally I’d just say screw it and dive in a services but I’m totally broke.

Thanks

Ste

Some random industrial estate in Lancaster?

There’s a few ind est in leyland you could try,or come down the A6 and find somewhere along there.

Lancasters probably best, although I don’t have a clue where, does anyone know if carnforth charges or can you just sorta park outside?

You have to press a button to get into carnforth it issues you with a ticket then you have to pay when you leave theres no where outside the place you can park,I haven’t seen anywhere,it’s 30 mins from tebay to carnforth,crack on down a bit further and try someplace else,not been into Lancaster so can’t help you there,sorry.

Thetaff:
You have to press a button to get into carnforth it issues you with a ticket then you have to pay when you leave theres no where outside the place you can park,I haven’t seen anywhere,it’s 30 mins from tebay to carnforth,crack on down a bit further and try someplace else,not been into Lancaster so can’t help you there,sorry.

What about walton summit Ind estate ?

Head southbound to J 33 , take the A 6 towards Garstang . After 3 or 4 miles , there a a large ( loop ) layby on the L.H.S. , or another one on the other side of the road . To rejoin M 6 , just follow A 6 .
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

what about lune ind est in lancaster :question:

cliffton 27:

Yes, that rings a bell, I’m sure I’ve parked on that one without any problems.

Carnforths like a tenner to park up at

Walton summit it is. And I don’t have to move till about half 6 tomoz. Glorious glorious sleep:)

Thanks all, for my first post in the professional section I think it went well.

Ste

Is that the estate that bowkers is on which had a huge fire recently■■?

Thetaff:
Is that the estate that bowkers is on which had a huge fire recently■■?

No, that was Leyland.
Walton summit is where British car auctions and Montgomerys is.

Head towards Truckhaven at Carnforth but take the second exit not the first, 2 big layby’s just down there.

Harry Monk:

cliffton 27:

Yes, that rings a bell, I’m sure I’ve parked on that one without any problems.

its alright except you need your eyes peeled for the sighns in the town as there is a left turn that says 7.5t except vehicles over 11ft odd if u miss it and head into the est anyother way your gonna come unstuck
however its a bit late now as im sure he got sorted

To allow for any slow downs and time to find somewhere to park on Walton Summit (very, limited) he would have needed 1 1/4 hrs. Its about 57 miles.

Cattle Wagon Man’s suggestion of the old road loop on the A6 north of Garstang was spot on.

Would be nice if the OP was polite enough to come back and tell us where he ended up after after quite a few people were kind enough to offer help & advice.

Driveroneuk:
Would be nice if the OP was polite enough to come back and tell us where he ended up after after quite a few people were kind enough to offer help & advice.

It would be nice if you read the whole thread before making such comments…

Stehinch:
Walton summit it is. And I don’t have to move till about half 6 tomoz. Glorious glorious sleep:)

Thanks all, for my first post in the professional section I think it went well.

Ste

Orys, we all know a Sprinter can do 57 miles in an hour, however making the reasonable assumption the OP was in an LGV with a working limiter its not possible. He said he had an hour left.

I HAD read the whole thread - with particular interest as my own locale was being spoken about.

Driveroneuk:
Orys, we all know a Sprinter can do 57 miles in an hour, however making the reasonable assumption the OP was in an LGV with a working limiter its not possible. He said he had an hour left.

I HAD read the whole thread - with particular interest as my own locale was being spoken about.

That has to be my English then. I did understanded that he is already in Walton Summit where he stays till tomorow morning and he thanks for the advice.

Google says it’s 56.9 miles, you can do it in 1 hrs and few minutes which should be no problem.

We all know that Sprinters don’t have tachos, but I still do drive LGVs on occasions and therefore I know that going 5 minutes over driving time is nothing uncommon.