Help: Parking near Silvertown

Any decent truck stops near Silvertown? I’m in Tates and my load’s been knocked back til morning

Ta muchly

Nothing decent nearby- there used to be a lorry park at Beckton, but not much in the way of facilities or Titan at Thurrock , but have never used it so dont know whats there- Silveys(?) cafe used to be opposite the entrance to Tate and Lyle (just about) but didnt do much parking- but maybe long gone _ you used to able to jump onto the Woolwich ferry (just down the road) and park over night on the Southside parking area for the ferry, only couple hundred yards from the town centre but I did hear I think that they stopped over night parking there

Jct 29 truckstop at Waltham Abbey or Titan Thurrock! Mind you Jct 29 will be packed by 7pm or used to be? Or the Services at Thurrock! :wink:

titan as said.
caff at purfleet. if coming out of london on the a13, take the purfleet exit, upto the roundabout, take 1st exit, then more or less immediately on the left you should spot the caff, its by a couple of car fronts/yards if memory serves me right. cracking breakfast to.

That the “cabin” at West Thurrock beside the DAF dealer-on the way into Titan?- decent Cafe and a pub 100 yards away? Showers not the best but a cheap and cheerful place to stop… no security though

Rikki-UK:
That the “cabin” at West Thurrock beside the DAF dealer-on the way into Titan?- decent Cafe and a pub 100 yards away? Showers not the best but a cheap and cheerful place to stop… no security though

and unfortunately now shut down Rikki :cry: (the cabin that is.)

Well… I found a “truck stop” at Belvedere… Will report more tomorrow in case they look on here :laughing: :laughing:

claretmatt:
Well… I found a “truck stop” at Belvedere… Will report more tomorrow in case they look on here :laughing: :laughing:

Lidals

claretmatt:

I park outside the Chinese Pagoda or near the Esso and nip into the Brick Lane for a show. Although it is closed while the Olympics are on

AVOID! They’re advertising in this month’s Truckstop news as “London Lorry Parking” in Erith/Belvedere. It’s £12 and for that you get a stinking toilet, a fence, a 24 hour night watchman who sleeps all night and the normal amount of road noise you’d get if you parked in a layby.

Nearest shop is a 10 minute walk away, with a chippie.

Won’t be using it again, rather just try and hide up in Tates and play dumb next time. :unamused:

Bit late now I know but this may have helped hgvparking.com/searchresults … 51.5031040