Help on hours please!

Normaly I work Monday to Friday with the odd running in on a sat. However things have changed a bit this week. Here’s the situation. Was on holiday all last week started at 5 this morning finished at 1800. Having 9 off tonight so starting at 3 and will be finished for 0500. Then having 24 off and starting 0500 Monday. Does this mean my next weekly rest period of 45 must start before 0500 Sunday? I’m not taking into account winding the clock back as it shouldn’t make a diffrence. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Youngy:
Normaly I work Monday to Friday with the odd running in on a sat. However things have changed a bit this week. Here’s the situation. Was on holiday all last week started at 5 this morning finished at 1800. Having 9 off tonight so starting at 3 and will be finished for 0500. Then having 24 off and starting 0500 Monday. Does this mean my next weekly rest period of 45 must start before 0500 Sunday? I’m not taking into account winding the clock back as it shouldn’t make a diffrence. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

You already have a regular 45 for the week 21 to 27
The 24 off resets the 144 period between weekly rests so starting at 0500 Monday means the next weekly rest must start no later than 0500 sunday and it can be a reduced weekly rest for the week 28 to 03

[/quote]
You already have a regular 45 for the week 21 to 27
The 24 off resets the 144 period between weekly rests so starting at 0500 Monday means the next weekly rest must start no later than 0500 sunday and it can be a reduced weekly rest for the week 28 to 03
[/quote]
Ok thanks so does that mean I won’t owe anything on the 24 iver Sunday as it is simply used to reset time and not as a rest in a fixed week?

Youngy:
Ok thanks so does that mean I won’t owe anything on the 24 iver Sunday as it is simply used to reset time and not as a rest in a fixed week?

That will depend on what other rest periods you have next week.

The easiest way would be to ask again when you know exactly what weekly rest periods you’ll be having next week, and you know what days you want to work the following week :wink:

At the moment you have a 24 hour reduced weekly rest for the week 28 - 03 but you will be taking another weekly rest in the same week so if that second one is say 36 hours then I would choose the 36 as the weekly rest for the week 28 - 03 so it leaves 9 to pay back instead of 21

If you have a regular 45+ for the next weekly rest and use that for the week 28 - 03 then you will have nothing to pay back