Help on hours please

Question . . .

I worked monday to friday. Got finished early friday and took my 11hours off. Started work saturday morning 2am and finished at 7am.
Question . . . If i take my 45hrs off before starting monday morning can i work monday to friday as normal and saturday as i know one of the other lads is off and could b asked to work a few hours

thanks for d help

Yes

Yes, because you only work a few hours on Saturday, you are still getting a full weekly rest so you are good to go!

Thanks for that lads though d same but no harm asking

pump:
Question . . .

I worked monday to friday. Got finished early friday and took my 11hours off. Started work saturday morning 2am and finished at 7am.
Question . . . If i take my 45hrs off before starting monday morning can i work monday to friday as normal and saturday as i know one of the other lads is off and could b asked to work a few hours

thanks for d help

Sure you can

Regular weekly rest taken this week so a reduced next week is perfectly legal from the info posted

Thanks rog

You could work every Saturday if you can get a 45 hour rest period in before starting work on Monday.

tachograph:
You could work every Saturday if you can get a 45 hour rest period in before starting work on Monday.

Correct :sunglasses:

thanks lads for the help.

While im on the subject of tachos …….

I drive tankers and the odd time if I was stuck for time I would stick the tacho on rest for 15 or 30min while I am pumping off product.

I was told by him not to do this as if I was pulled they would know by my taco that I had the truck pumping off product as the revs would be up.

Is this true?

:question:

pump:

I drive tankers and the odd time if I was stuck for time I would stick the tacho on rest for 15 or 30min while I am pumping off product.

I was told by him not to do this as if I was pulled they would know by my taco that I had the truck pumping off product as the revs would be up.

Is this true?

If it was deemed that you are keeping an eye on the pumping out then that is likely to be deemed as other work

Break is for recouperation and I reckon that means mental as well as physical but has yet to be tested in court as far as I know

pump:

Is this true?

As far as I’m aware there’s no way to tell from a tachograph that the engine is running while the vehicle is stationary, there is a 24 hour speed trace but again as far as I’m aware that only shows the speed not revs.

I imagine “him” is telling you that to discourage you from putting the tachograph on break while you’re obviously having to oversee the discharge.

Having said that, if the vehicle is fitted with some sort of management/tracking system such as Isotrack, the company could probably tell when the engine is running at above tick-over revs but VOSA wouldn’t normally have access to the records from that.

ROG:

pump:

Is this true?

If it was deemed that you are keeping an eye on the pumping out then that is likely to be deemed as other work

Break is for recouperation and I reckon that means mental as well as physical but has yet to be tested in court as far as I know

Yup I know that rog,
What im wondering is will the will the tacho show that the revs on the truck are up (because the pumping gear is running) ■■
I recon the tacho don’t show this but the lad I was talking to today said it dose.

No it not a company thing and we are probably one of the rare companies that have no tracking system on the trucks.

He is just one of the other drivers but he is a stickler for the tacho rules. I always supervise the entire discharge of product and would never sit in the truck unlike other lads. I have about 7 years experience in adr tankers.

But I don’t think it true that the truck revs are recorded on the tacho just thought someone would know for sure in here.

The stoneridge digi tach records revs but only the time spent in each rev band. Think it splits them into blocks of 100 rpm. No way of telling what rpm the engine was at at a certain time as far as i know.

As far as I’m aware no it doesn’t. But the trucks own computer that the dealer’s plug into shows everything , even down to ideling. So it’s still possible that if your involved in an accident this information can be obtained if it’s required …

nick2008:
As far as I’m aware no it doesn’t. But the trucks own computer that the dealer’s plug into shows everything , even down to ideling. So it’s still possible that if your involved in an accident this information can be obtained if it’s required …

If a dealer/mechanich plugs a computer into a lorries on-board computer they can certainly tell the current revs of the vehicle amongst other things, but surely that information isn’t stored in the vehicles on-board computer is it ?

Well the scania fitter could tell me when the truck had been idel and reving 3 days previously and he was right all the way down to the time and for how long

nick2008:
Well the scania fitter could tell me when the truck had been idel and reving 3 days previously and he was right all the way down to the time and for how long

Was that info from the tacho unit or from elsewhere ?

pump:

ROG:

pump:

Is this true?

Yup I know that rog,
What im wondering is will the will the tacho show that the revs on the truck are up (because the pumping gear is running) ■■
I recon the tacho don’t show this but the lad I was talking to today said it dose.

Leave it on brake, most tanker drivers do. It doesn’t show anything on the tacho.