Help noobie...don,t gang up on me please

Newbie question time …go gentle

What the maximum you can work :ie clock in at 06.00 (driving/breaks/other work) …is it 15 hours ■■ 21.00 clock off … Ifso how many days can you do in 1 week…

Also 9 hours daily rest …how many times in a week can i do that …is it 3 times per week ■■ Or 3 times over 2 week…(9 hrs in a 24 hour period)

I have TRYED to check but my head went POP and got confused

Sorry if there stupid questions

Shane129:
Newbie question time …go gentle

What the maximum you can work :ie clock in at 06.00 (driving/breaks/other work) …is it 15 hours ■■ 21.00 clock off … Ifso how many days can you do in 1 week…

Also 9 hours daily rest …how many times in a week can i do that …is it 3 times per week ■■ Or 3 times over 2 week…(9 hrs in a 24 hour period)

I have TRYED to check but my head went POP and got confused

Sorry if there stupid questions

You only need to think about daily rest periods and the total shift will take care of itself.

Within 24 hours from the start of the shift you must have completed an 11 hour daily rest period, 11 hours from 24 hours leaves 13 hours so your total spread-over from the start to the end of the shift can be a maximum of 13 hours (24-11=13).

The daily rest period can be reduced to nine hours three times between weekly rest periods, again this nine hour reduced daily rest period has to be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, so 24 from the start of the shift less nine hours rest period leaves a total work spread-over of 15 hours (24-9=15).

Example:

Lets say you start work at 06:00 Monday after a weekly rest period, you must have completed a reduced daily rest period of at-least nine hours by 06:00 Tuesday, 06:00 Tuesday minus 9 hours means you must finish work no later than 21:00 Monday.
Now lets say you work those same hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, that means you’ve had three reduced daily rest periods since your last weekly rest period so now you have no reduced daily rest periods left until after your next weekly rest period.
If you work Thursday and Friday you must have regular 11 hour daily rest periods, so if you start at 06:00 On Thursday and Friday you must be finished work no later than 19:00, that’s because you need to have completed an 11 hour daily rest period by 06:00 the following morning, 06:00 less 11 hours means you must finish work by 19:00 leaving you a total work spread-over from the start to the end of the shift of 13 hours (24-11=13).

The 13 and 15 hour shifts you talk about come directly from the daily rest periods you must have, if you think about the daily rest period that you must complete within 24 hours from the start of the shift you will recognise the total length of the shift you can do.
You can have three reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

If you work a shift of more than 13 hours you must have a reduced daily rest period because you cannot fit an 11 hour rest period into the 24 hour period from the start of the shift, a daily rest period of less than 11 hours is always a reduced daily rest period, well there are exceptions but stick to the basics for now and you’ll find it easier to learn this stuff :wink:

Also be aware that even if you work less than 13 hours then have less than 11 hours rest between shifts it’s still a reduced daily rest period.
When ever you have a daily rest period of less than 11 hours it’s a reduced daily rest period, only the part of the rest period that falls within the period of 24 hours from the start of the shift will count towards the daily rest period so even if you have more than 11 hours rest it will be a reduced daily rest period unless all of the 11 hours rest falls within the 24 hour period.

Edit: By the way it’s not a stupid question, if you’re not sure about something ask :wink:

That clears that up many thanks young sir :smiley:

Any shift over 13 hours and/or less than 11 hours off between shifts is a reduced daily rest and you can have a max of 3 reduced daily rests between any two periods of at least 24 hours off

That’s the same as the post above but put a different way which may or may not be of any use …

Thanks fella…

Tbh i dont fancy working that hard and long :cry:

My overtime sheet might reflect them hours mind :smiling_imp:

Shane129:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :neutral_face:

nick2008:

Shane129:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :neutral_face:

:smiley: :smiley: