Help Needed

am with semtex, just dump the truck somewhere, keep all the tachos, report him too vosa, call the people he does his containers through and tell them that they are being reported to vosa too for aiding and abetting this guy by giving him work.

If your mate still has the keys, I would find a nice farmer who would let you park at his place, park her up whilst loaded and then tell your ex employer that you don’t work for him anymore. Around this time, I would have a terrible bout of absent-mindedness and I wouldn’t for the life of me remember where I had parked the loaded truck up. Inform him that the only known cure for your ailment is the wages he owes you and when you have the money (in cash) let your friendly farmer stiff him for some seriously over-priced parking.

chappy261:
this post has got me thinking, is the transport/distribution trade one of the most corrupt and cowboy ran proffessions there is?
albiet there are good, true and honest operators to work for, but they seem to be coming few and far between.

im trying to think of a similar job role thats like this, unfortunatly i could only think of one thing that matched the ripping people off and bieng corrupt and only cares about money and was i hate to say it but drug trafficing.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG!!! :open_mouth:

p.s. it took me a long time to press the submit button for this post!!

You must lead either a very sheltered life or you belive the media propoganda that most criminals are teenage hoodies.

Stop & think & have a good long look around you.

One of the most poignant things that I ever heard was the story behind the Police force helicopter. It costs £millions to purchase, staff & accomodate, it costs £thousands for every hour it flies. It’s up there & it’s doing a ■■■■ good job, it finds lost kiddies & so called joy riders can’t escape its all seeing eye. Burglars can no longer hide in the bushes & scrotes in general had better watch out. It does all of this for our benefit, so we can sleep soundly in our homes, safe in the knowledge that all the lowlife scum cannot touch us without being caught.

In reality it does SFA except cost the taxpayer a HUGE amount of there hard £earned. Kiddies still don’t get found & cars are still stolen, the burglary figures continue upwards & the average scrote in general is sooo ■■■■ stoopid they wouldn’t stop to think that you really can’t escape the all seeing eye.

Meanwhile the real criminals, the ones wearing suits & ties, carrying briefcases & driving Mercs or Strange Rovers go about their daily business without fear, 'cos no ones watching out for them !

To me that was a very poignant story, told by my local Police Inspector.

jimti:
Builders
Gas fitters
TV Repair man
Electricians
Roofers
need I go on?

back on topic, there is three ways to deal with this,
one is using the law, this could be very long winded and end up costing you money. :imp:
The second is through threats of violence or damage to his property, this could work but has it’s own risks, but may be the most satisfying :smiling_imp:
The third would be through a polite letter asking for your money before having to involve agencies such as VOSA, the VAT man and Customs and Excise as I would guess he would fall foul of all of them.

Good luck with what ever you do, but don’t get your self in trouble trying to sort it out

You sound like a decent chap & I’ve no doubts that you are, but I interpret your 3 steps this way :-

1. Use the full force of the law. it’s there to be used & English law is the finest in the world (many other countries base their laws on ours). But it can take rather a long time to get justice.

2. Kick seven bails out of the toerag, but be prepared to have seven bails kicked out of you.

3. Resort to blackmail.

I consider myself a decent chap too, in fact quite a lot of others do too (I hope). But IME decent people can’t deal with scumbags on a level footing, I’ve had problems with honourable people & it’s all been sorted amicably. I’m the first to say I wasn’t always right !

But when you’re dealing with someone who is so obviously a dishonourable person, a rogue, a vagabond & someone who considers himself ‘outside’ of the reaches of the law then, you skip all formalities & go straight to survival of the fittest.