help needed

I wonder if some one could help.

Im a new driver, and work 48hrs + per week ( 12 hrs per day)

I do multidrop work etc.

under the WTD, it requires me to take 45min rest, as i work over 9 hrs per day.

1, is this full break required in the max 6 hrs, and if so it means me having my 4.5 hr drive reset and wasting drive time.

1. can i do a 30 min in the 6hrs( WTD) and then when i reach my 4.5hrs driving hours, then take a further 30 min, would this be legal?.

any help would be grateful.

:wink:

Gonna try and get this right in easy terms.

You gotta take a 30 min break within 6 hours shift time.
You gotta take a 45 min break within 4 and half hours drive time.

So if shift time comes to 6 hours before your drive time reaches 4 and half, take a 30 break WTD style on the tacho, and then when you reach your 4 hour 30 drivetime you will need to take another 30 as per tacho rules.

If you do a 4 and half straight drive then 45 break, then your tacho break will come within the WTD.

Could you not take a 15 somewhere early doors then use your 30 as a WTD and Tacho break at the same time.

I answered you on this thread

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … 6&start=30

before I read this one, but I’ll copy it here.

viking121:
wonder if some one could help.

Im a new driver, and work 48hrs + per week ( 12 hrs per day)

I do multidrop work etc.

under the WTD, it requires me to take 45min rest, as i work over 9 hrs per day.

1, is this full break required in the max 6 hrs,

No, it may be taken in either one lump of 45 minutes or it can be split into shorter breaks of at least 15 minutes. The only requirements are you must not accumulate more than 6 hours work without a break, the break at 6 hours could be just 15 minutes if you choose and it must interrupt the shift - i.e. no part of the break can be taken right at the end of the shift as this wouldn’t interrupt it.

viking121:
and if so it means me having my 4.5 hr drive reset and wasting drive time.

The re-setting of the driving time counter after a 45-minute break does not waste any driving time, you don’t lose the part of the 4.5 hours you haven’t used. For instance, if you started work and drove for 3 hours then took a 45-minute break you would still have 6 hours driving left for a 9 hour driving day and 7 hours for a 10. You would not lose the 1.5 hours you were short of 4.5 hours when you took your break. You could then drive for another 4.5 hours before another break was required under the tacho rules.

viking121:
2. can i do a 30 min in the 6hrs( WTD) and then when i reach my 4.5hrs driving hours, then take a further 30 min, would this be legal?.

Yes, it would be legal, provided you don’t accumulate another 6 hours work before reaching your 4.5 hours of driving. You could also take 15 minutes at, or before, 6 hours and then 30 minutes when you accumulate 4.5 hours driving if you wish. That would also be legal for both the WTD and the tacho rules. Remember it is only driving and other work which counts toward the 6 hour WTD limit, POA and break do not count.

B1 GGK:
You gotta take a 30 min break within 6 hours shift time.

Not correct. It’s true you need to take a break before exceeding 6 hours work but a 15-minute break will satisfy the WTD regulations at this point with the rest of the required break taken later in the shift. The amount of further break and when it is required to be taken will depend on shift length. If it is a shorter shift of 9 hours or less another 15 minutes will be required before the end of the shift while a long shift may not require the next break to be taken until 12 hours of work have accumulated.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.

One more thing, i started work for a company, and some of the drivers are working very long hours, and doing a reduced daily rest of 9hrs at base, is this legal, as i thought it was 11 hrs at base.

:question:

viking121:
One more thing, i started work for a company, and some of the drivers are working very long hours, and doing a reduced daily rest of 9hrs at base, is this legal, as i thought it was 11 hrs at base.

It’s now perfectly legal to have a reduced daily rest at base.

tachograph:

viking121:

It’s now perfectly legal to have a reduced daily rest at base.

Now? It always was legal, that hasn’t changed.