Help needed with route into London

Going to london tomorrow (sat) to deliver 3 sets of boogies, not the nose kind, the ones trains run on. whats the best route from the end of the M4 to Selhurst road SE25. Looked at my maps and just can not decide. If any of you know London well you help would be a god send. I will be up until about 9pm(early start).
I hate London :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Wayne.

will you be out of London before 1 PM? or do you have certificate to drive in London during the restricted period?

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

you may still be ok, but I don’t have my map showing where you can and can’t drive so you will have to wait for someone else to reply sorry :cry:

Sorry Wayne…
But my maps are at the yard so dont know exactly where Selhurst Road is…

However to get you to the general area of Selhurst I suggest follow the M4 to the end… then the A4 to Earls Court… follow signs for Vauxhall Bridge (Turn Right at major lights by Tescos supermarket)

follow the road alongside the Thames until you reach Vauxhall bridge… turn Right over the bridge then look for signs for Kennington and Brixton… follow those (Few left and right turns ) until you go through Brixton… there is a one way system with a big church in the middle in Brixton, from there follw signs for Crystal Palace…
That should get you somewhere close!!!

It sounds complicated but actually is easy!!

heading for a23 i think… through brixton and streatham… u wont be far off the mark … lovely area… remember…LOCK UR DOORS

Wayne-- If you not to keen in driving in London come off the M4 and go anticlock on the M25 until you come to the A23 then head north and go through Croyden.

The other way is take the south circular (junction 1) off the M4 then head south on the A23.It will be shorter that way, but if you get lost it could take you longer.
You won’t get too much traffic on a Saturday. :arrow_right:

Hello Wayne,

Simplest way.M4,M25 towards Gatwick, A23 into London

Carry on up the A23 and you will hit a retail park with shops on both sides of the road Sainsbury’s etc.The road opens out at this point,carry on a few hundred yards and you should see Waddon Marsh railway station on your right.
At the next roundabout the A23 meets the A236 Mitcham Road take 4th exit almost coming back on yourself takes you down Mitcham Road A236

6th turning on left should be SUMNER ROAD A213 take that carry on for 1.5 miles approx.

SELHURST ROAD starts at end of NORTHCOTE ROAD with SELHURST STATION about 500 yards on left

Recap M4 then M25 GATWICK

A23 LONDON

ROUNDABOUT AT JUNCTION A23 / A236 take 4th exit MITCHAM ROAD

6TH on LEFT SUMNER ROAD A213

runs into

ST. JAMES ROAD runs into

WINDMILL ROAD runs into

NORTHCOTE ROAD runs into

SELHURST ROAD any queries pm me mate,good luck! (if you go this way you miss the naughty bits :laughing:

Thanks loads guys, right I have decided to to go

A205 South Circular
A23
A235 London Rd
A213 St James Rd
Windmill RD
Northcote Rd

Which should then bring me into Selhurst Rd.

If you don’t hear from me by Sunday you can assume I am lost.

I have done London before but its always been North which I find much easier.

I just do not like the place.

Again many thanks.

What was I worried about, not to bad at all. Had one point when I thought I might have taken a wrong turn but soon picked up the signs for the A23.
Took around 4 hours to get there with a quick stop.

On the way out I got back on the A23 but went south to the M25 as suggested last night. was about the same time but there was more traffic so It could have been quicker.

3 reconditioned bogies dropped of and 3 more picked up to be reconditioned.

Thanks for the help last night :smiley: :smiley: . But I still don’t like London.

Wayne.

jimti:
will you be out of London before 1 PM? or do you have certificate to drive in London during the restricted period?

I thought you were winding me up, sorry :blush: :blush: .