Help needed wanting to work live in canada or usa

Hi there all am new to the site as you can see.
And what a site its great been on it for hours reading away.

Well this is how i stand.

I passed my class 2 and 1 six months ago as i wanted to drive our large motor home. my mum and dad have retired to portugal. And am a single 25 year old lad wanting to live work in canada or usa trucking.

Can you point me in the direction of were to start to look for work the best website or people to contact. Do i need to take more tests or is my licence good over there??
perhaps some costs. only to get me there as am on my own i would rent a small place to start with to keep costs down etc

Dont no to much about canada never looked in to it as a place to live untill i started reading about other people who have gone there and the pics

USA i dont mind any part to work or live i love the place.

But canada is fast in closing the gap.

I did look at OZ but if i can choose its the usa for me then canada.

Am starting to blab on so will leave it at that untill a few poss come in

Cheers in advance :smiley:

If you have only passed your class 1 six months ago and you have very little experience it will be very hard to find any trucking company in either Canada or the States to employ you.
You will need a green card to work full time in the States anyway.
Why don’t you try going on a 8/10 month USA wheat harvest run,plenty of trucks to drive there :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley:
Look up:
www.taylorharvesting.com
www.demarayharvesting.com
www.hollandharvesting.com

Thanks big truck
been in touch with them all
had a response from one they have sent me info and a form to fill in they said they are still looking for some drivers but are getting close to being full.

Is there any one of this site thats been and done it and can give me some pointers feedback ?

:smiley:

Use the search feature up above and use “harvesting” as your keyword and you should get alot more info.

Hi again

Big truck they have offerd me a job so things are moving fast.
They wanted to know were i found them from i said another trucker
They asked had you ever worked there. not told them yet.

Thanks again
will keep in touch.

Slim,
Which out of the three offered you the job so quickly :question:
I have never worked for any of them but if you tell them I worked for “Altendorf Harvesting” back in 2002 they will know them as they are the biggest “custom cutters” in the states with 20/30 :open_mouth: new J.Deere STS combines every year :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

slimjim:
Hi again

Thanks again
will keep in touch.

slim jim
bobthedog.freewebspace.com/
check out above site then pm him you will need to sit a new hgv which i understand is a cdl in canada bob will explain

scaniaman2006:

slimjim:
Hi again

Thanks again
will keep in touch.

slim jim
bobthedog.freewebspace.com/
check out above site then pm him you will need to sit a new hgv which i understand is a cdl in canada bob will explain

The guy only passed his class 1 HGV six months ago,I don’t think there will be too many Canadian trucking firms lining up to offer “Slimjim” a driving job based on this!!! :confused:
Even “Bob the dog” can’t work those kind of miracles!!! :smiley:

Slimjim,
Look up the following:
www.altendorfharvesting.com
The site hasn’t been updated since 2002 but it will give you an idea,this is the outfit I worked for in 2002.They buy 20/30 new J.Deere 9760STS combines every year but the trucks are a little rough round the edges but they do pay fair wages.
I received an E-mail from Jan Altendorf recently and she said this is looking like the best harvest in 6 years because the southern part of the mighty USA wheat belt had received alot of much needed rain and they have 20’000 acres :open_mouth: of wheat booked in Texas to begin around 10th May.They have also sold some of the older trucks are are going shortly to look for a fleet of late model new ones.
This is looking like a good season to go and there is work available with them on the H2A temp visa from around the end of March to approx December,so drop Jan an e-mail or give her a ring and tell her “Andy” from Northern Ireland told you to call :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Big Truck:
Even “Bob the dog” can’t work those kind of miracles!!! :smiley:

Erm??
Miracles?

Me?

Hardly! :laughing:

There are some that I have heard about. Even BFS have taken a few Canadians with shiny new licences. Don’t know about expats though.