Help needed to record other work working hours

Hi all. Yesterday finally passed last bit, CPC. Now will start looking for weekend job (at start) true an agency. But tell me please, how do I write down correctly my other main job (not driving) working hours?
I understand, I will be able by law to drive every second weekend. So in that week when I drive, I have to record other job.
1st- where do I write it? Need to buy analog tacho disc’s or I can use mobile app Trucker Timer printouts?
2nd- how do I write it down? Like working in factory Monday - Friday 16.00 to 24.00 or just 39 hours other work? Or all with exact brakes and all?
Sorry I know there was something about it in forum, but couldn’t find the right info. Thanks in advance.

A diary would do it. Good hand written times and dates that are accurate and legible will do.
Think about it, if Mr Vosa can understand your work pattern by the diary you keep, is believable it’ll do.

You only need to keep records for none driving days in weeks that you drive in-scope of EU regulations, work done on none driving work days should be recorded as other work, only the start and finish times and date are required.

Legally all manual records for none driving work days should be on tachograph charts or printouts, some people have said they’ve been told by DVSA bods that they’ll accept records made in note books or diaries but I can only tell you what the DVSA say in their booklet GV262.

Thanks, fellas. Looks like I have to start writing my first diary. Never know I will do that kind of stuff.

tachograph:
Legally all manual records for none driving work days should be on tachograph charts or printouts, some people have said they’ve been told by DVSA bods that they’ll accept records made in note books or diaries but I can only tell you what the DVSA say in their booklet GV262.

Well we run a mixed fleet and sometimes you’ll find yourself in a van, so we have a sheet that covers those days, with columns for driving, poa, rest and we added a column for ferries. That’s stood me through two DVSA turnovers. One of the van/7.5 lads got a pull last year, hadn’t driven a 7.5 for over two weeks but did have the up to date sheets. In short DVSA said as you said that he should have manual printouts, we disagreed. Rang the RHA and the said we were right, double checked with their solicitors, who confirmed the sheets were legal and the RHA wrote a letter of complaint to DVSA.

I’m not saying you are wrong tachograph, but that’s what happened to us.

Tachograph was referring to other work perhaps done in an office or factory etc - work on domestic regs is different as domestic record sheets are ok for the EU regs to show non EU work

Ah i see!