Help Needed Please!

Hi hope this is not the wrong place to post this request apologies if it is buty here goes…

I am a technician for a firm based near Dartford Tunnel that runs 45- 50 Scania 8 wheelers sadly the company director’s father passed away and his grandson has asked me if i could help him in recommision a 1969 Foden 8 Wheeler for the up coming funeral in 2 weeks time,

To say I am sh%tting myself would be an understatemant,It has sat in our yard for years as in the pic,ChassisCab,No Glass or engine covers,Been trying since weds to get it started as the Low Loader, Shotblasters and Painters are twiddling their thumbs waiting,

How it stands now

Wasted Weds morning trying to remove the starter motor to find that removing the rear cover and dressing the winding with emery cloth took 5 minites for the desired spinning freely of the 6LX Gardner ■■■■ !!

Thursday

After yesterdays cockup,today was gonna be a walk in the park,a free spinning 6LX sounding like it should with good compression all i gotta do is get the derv up to the injectors. YEH right, As the engine has been open to the elements for years everythihg is tight or semi -seized,

As I am already late for my planned night time visit to our workshop fortunately 5 mins away I’ll keep it brief

Can get derv out of the 4 bleed screws just below the injector pies and thats it,Got comprehesive PDF manuals but flicking threw them Conical this Helix Gears WTF ,■■■■■■ right off when I found they dont have a socket for my Can Bus Laptop to plug into?

Anyway think it may be the Stop seized and will investigate this morning

Sorry for the long thread Regards Sandro

Could some one tell me the best way to host pictures as I can update with plenty if there is any interest

Still not 100% sure if this is serious :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Still not 100% sure if this is serious :unamused:

Me neither! I would put the old lads Funeral back a few weeks to give you more time, he wont ‘go off’ in this cold weather. :wink:

Pete.

You may find the rack has seized in the pump.

Hi Plenty of restored Fodens about borrow 1 of them as you are not going to do that any justice in 2 weeks but it should run on 4 & the other usually come in.
Cheers Rich

Would agree with Dan sounds like rack stuck In pump, any smoke at all?

Evoluzione:
Could some one tell me the best way to host pictures as I can update with plenty if there is any interest

You need to load you pic’s onto a Photo Site like Photo Bucket
photobucket.com/login
them copy the link & paste it into your post’s.
I think you need ‘Challenge Anneka’ to help though, looks like you’ve got your work cut out there. :laughing:

You dont need to upload photos to Photobucket or the like, you can put them on here direct from your computer!
1.Click on upload attatchment just below the box you write your comments in
2.2 new boxes will appear, click on browse
3.Your pictures will come up from your computer
4.When you click on the photo you want to post, it will come up in a little box next to file name, click on open
5. Your photos from your computer will dissapear, you will see a small box saying add the file
6.Click add the file
7.the name of your picture will appear and 2 boxes, 1 will say place inline
8.Click place inline
9.Give it a second and it will appear in the box you write in
10.Click preview to check the photo
11.Click send.
12.Job done!
it may take a couple of goes but after that it will be 2nd nature!

With due respects to the gentleman who has passed away.No chance,borrow one.And like R.O.F is this serious . :confused:

And if it does turn out to be serious, I don’t want bus loads of grieving relatives descending on me armed with jack handles and lengths of two-by-two.

whats the firm I live 5 mins from Dartford tunnel

kindle530:
You dont need to upload photos to Photobucket or the like, you can put them on here direct from your computer!
4.When you click on the photo you want to post, it will come up in a little box next to file name, click on open
5. Your photos from your computer will dissapear, you will see a small box saying add the file
6.Click add the file
8.Click place inline
11.Click send.
12.Job done!

Cheers for that, (I used to load pic’s onto another forum by using a photo site) so that’s how I loaded a pic on here a while ago. :confused: :slight_smile:

kindle530:
6.Click add the file
8.Click place inline
11.Click send.
12.Job done!

MANY THANKS FOR THE INFO, KINDLE. That’s the most comprehensive method for uploading pics that I have come across. Maybe I’ll try it for myself, now. Once again, many thanks for helping this semi-literate technophobe :laughing: