Help needed going to bari!

hi guys wev been asked to deliver an fm12 8x4 tipper its a v reg euro 1 engine, wev got to take it down to bari in italy for onward delivery to albania, what would be the quickest and the cheapest route to take to bari, would it be thru germany/austria or thru france?. not sure about the german route its a long long time since ive been over the water any assistace would be gratefully received, regards paul

We would go through Mont Blanc tunnel if we were doing this.

any idea how much for the tunnel harry for 4 axles 9 m long tipper?

germangeezer:
any idea how much for the tunnel harry for 4 axles 9 m long tipper?

4 axles Euro 1 engine over 3 metres high, is a grand total of 256 euro 1 way.
more info here

why not go via,Germany Italy by using the train, at Freiburg
you should make here in one hit from CALAIS; OSTENDE; with a clean
disk, have a Rest break on the train, and get into Italy with a clean disk
to drive down to Bari,the links are to be found in the EURO STICKY S;;
OR go over the Brenner ,via Germany, that is also a option,

isn’t bari just past cardiff on M4 :laughing: :laughing:
sorry couldn’t resist but seriously can you use the mont blanc at euro1 since they’ve changed all the prices couple months ago?
will be expensive through germany on the toll collect with euro1 engine might be cheaper via belgium, lux, macon down through eastern france to frejus tunnel?

r a lot of the roads still toll free going down eastern france welshboy? how much is the vignett these days?

vignette for belgium and lux is 8 euros a day but not sure if its same for all euro engines but if not won’t be that much more
as far as nancy is free then peage down to north of lyon then depends which way you cross to italy depending on tunnels but last week i noticed prohibitions on montblanc and frejus for euro0 not sure about euro1 sorry.
definitely expensive through germany though now with toll collect on euro1

You will pay about €0.20cents a kilometer, for the german maut.
Not sure what thecosts will be for going through Austria but in the stickys
is the info posted that you require,for France, Italy austria, etc also for the tunnels as well

great thanks for that welshboy,wev sold 2 of our tippers to an albanian guy only met his driver in france with the first one but he left calais last wed night (11 days ago) and yesterday was still on the ■■■■ in italy so he wants the next one down to bari!

thanks pete all help gratefully received

NOt sold to Patrick from Ireland,we all remember LEONS trip to Italy!!!Tipper episode.

pete could i go thru swiss empty with a euro 1 engine?

yes but you would need to have all vehicle documents with you
so they can see what the charge they have to set for the road charge
Look on the EURO sticky,s there is a link to the swiss site which explains
about the charges, it will cost around €260euros +/- plus you will have to allow for the holdups at the TWO borders D/CH–CH/I , the traffic jams, waiting times due to delays at the Tunnel and the night time driving ban,any more questions just ask away some one will answer them for you.

germangeezer:
great thanks for that welshboy,wev sold 2 of our tippers to an albanian guy only met his driver in france with the first one but he left calais last wed night (11 days ago) and yesterday was still on the ■■■■ in italy so he wants the next one down to bari!

The Albanian driver may well have sold the waggon to Patrick, (of Leon fame), :sunglasses: :sunglasses: and is now spending the proceeds, and is maybe thinking of settling down in Italy. :laughing: :laughing: Having been to Albania , I don,t blame him.

The best option is to load it on a steprame or euroliner mega ,they go in easy off a ramp ,we used to drive down all the trucks we sold to romania ,albania, m/e but its getting harder to run the gaunlet , by the time you pay driver,diesel tolls ,tunnel , you can stick it on a commie trailer deliver to Venice and theres a service to durres, even the commie might take it over, last one i shipped to albania got covered for 2800gbp delivered durres port, theres no need to go all the way down to Bari cost to much.

toby1234abc:
NOt sold to Patrick from Ireland,we all remember LEONS trip to Italy!!!Tipper episode.

TAKE IT YOU HAVE COME ACROSS PATRICK THEN
he rang me regarding some work im ITALY
TAKE IT HES A BAD ONE

Patrick offered the Italy job.Nut gut instinct told me things werent right.

toureg could you tell me who delivered the truck for you, this geezer wants me to throw the stars moon and everything else he can command in on the deal now, im on the verge of telling him the old tipper will be doing a few more years around london!

Germangeezer you have PM