Help Needed for a lost e-mail

Hello, can any of you Boffins please help me :confused: .
I have accidentally deleted two e-mails which I would really like to keep. One of them I think has gone to the recycle bin and the other is in the deleted items box. Can anybody tell me which buttons I have to press to get them back into my inbox if it’s possible.

Regards Steve.

If you open up each e-mail in the box where it now is then you should have an option to MOVE the e-mail to elsewhere

Many thanks ROG, I have now recovered the one from the deleted box but how do I get into the recycle
e-mail thingy :confused: .

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:
Many thanks ROG, I have now recovered the one from the deleted box but how do I get into the recycle

Regards Steve.

do you mean the recycle bin on the desktop?
If yes, then right click on it and click open
right click on what you want to restore and it should give you an option to restore it

ROG:

mushroomman:

Regards Steve.

do you mean the recycle bin on the desktop?
If yes, then right click on it and click open
right click on what you want to restore and it should give you an option to restore it

Hi again ROG, this bit is proving to be a bit tricky.
Yes the recycle bin on the computer, I have gone into the deleted items box in Outlook Express and it has only got 13 items deleted. The e-mail that I am looking for is about three weeks old and I must of deleted about 25 of them so have you any idea where the rest of them might be or where they could of gone to :confused: .

When messages are deleted from the Deleted Items in Outlook they don’t go to the recycle bin. To be blunt I’d say they’ve gone forever as you can’t restore the .pst file that contains all your outlook messages/contacts. Or it’s very hard to restore a .pst file without risking it becoming corrupt and you losing all your information.

The only hope I think you have is if you keep a copy of your emails on your ISP mailbox. I’ve set mine up to keep the copy online for 30 days just incase I do delete something by mistake.

mushroomman:
The e-mail that I am looking for is about three weeks old and I must of deleted about 25 of them so have you any idea where the rest of them might be or where they could of gone to :confused: .

sorry mate - I know there are ways but it would take an IT expert to do this and is way beyond my understanding or capabilities.

Ah well, thanks ROG and Mark28, at least I have reclaimed one of them. Somebody did mention that you could retrive things from the recycle bin but if that includes a lot of messing about then I am a great believer of if it ain’t broke then don’t mess about with it. Your help is very much appreciated so very many thanks to both of you.

Regards Steve.

The deleted items folder is the email eqivalient of the Recycle Bin.
Once the deleted items folder is emptied they are gone.

Only deleted files and folders go the Recycle Bin, not emails. Your best
bet Mushroomman is to ask the sender to resend you the emails you
want, if you remember who the sender was.

Hi Colin, many thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay as I have not been back on this thread since but your help is certainly appreciated.

Regards Steve.

i don’t supose you have done a pc backup before you deleted the files in the first place and after you received the said emails, you may get them back with a restore?

jimti:
i don’t supose you have done a pc backup before you deleted the files in the first place and after you received the said emails, you may get them back with a restore?

Hi Jim, no I am afriad that I didn’t do any back ups :frowning: . , but thanks anyway for your help :smiley: .
While I am on :smiley: , how easy or difficult is it to put music on to a D.V.D. which I have already downloaded some photos on to it ?. Do you know if it is possible to put a song onto the D.V.D. that I have put some photos on and transfer the song from U Tube or do I have to pay to download the songs :confused: .

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:
Hi Jim, no I am afriad that I didn’t do any back ups :frowning: . , but thanks anyway for your help :smiley: .
While I am on :smiley: , how easy or difficult is it to put music on to a D.V.D. which I have already downloaded some photos on to it ?. Do you know if it is possible to put a song onto the D.V.D. that I have put some photos on and transfer the song from U Tube or do I have to pay to download the songs :confused: .

Regards Steve.

do you mean you want the music to play while you look at the pictures? if so you really need to do that before you add it onto the disc
tthere are programs on the internet that let you download youtube clips, look here it is very easy to download and use.