Help needed again please :-)

Was out b4 coming back to the yard when the abs warning light came on, so I stopped straight away and phoned the manager up and he said he will ring me back and sit tight for a bit. He rang back said that it’s ok to drive but take it slow and don’t be slamming on the brakes at this point was very unsure as it was raining really bad so I said il hav my break and phone him back. So I phoned a few trucker mates and some said stay put and some said carry on and take it steady so reluctantly I phoned the boss and said il carry on back to the yard and he said its not booked in to get looked at untill Tuesday and that il be ok to use it on fri,sat and Monday but I’m I said il speak to him about it in the morning because at this point was really starting to get annoyed.
My dilemma is now do I go along with him and carry on driving the wagon till Tuesday or do I refuse to use it untill it s been looked at? My gut says not to use it till Tuesday but I’m a agency driver covering for a man who is long term sick and I’m a new driver plus we only use the 1 wagon plus there is a chance I could get took on full time!!! So do I risk rocking the boat and losing my job or just go along with the flow??
Sorry if this is long winded but I want advice from people I don’t know! Cheers everyone.

OK, well the basic rule is that you can drive if an amber dashboard light is illuminated but not if a red one is illuminated.

You should mark it as a defect that has occurred during your shift.

Generally, if an ABS light comes on, stop the vehicle and turn everything off, get out, unplug the ABS lead and then plug it in again, turn the ignition key on and wait until the on-board-computer does its thing, then set off again and see what happens.

VOSA don’t like you running with ABS light lit - just so’s you know.
BUT, even if ABS isn’t working you still have brakes - how the hell do you think us old 'uns used to cope before the Germans invented the bloody system?? We used to stop in the wet, on snow, ice and everything :open_mouth:

Haha that’s what my dad just said on the phone then lol! He also said stop being a tart and make sure I’ve reported it and in on my defect sheet! I’ve got to stop worrying he also said :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
OK, well the basic rule is that you can drive if an amber dashboard light is illuminated but not if a red one is illuminated.

You should mark it as a defect that has occurred during your shift.

Generally, if an ABS light comes on, stop the vehicle and turn everything off, get out, unplug the ABS lead and then plug it in again, turn the ignition key on and wait until the on-board-computer does its thing, then set off again and see what happens.

Try the things Harry mentions here and also when connecting your suzies do it with the igniton off. My understanding is that it is no longer acceptable to take a vehicle out that has any abs fault showing, it is certainly how large fleet operators are approaching it now. If an amber fault occurs on the road then the vehicle can be defected when you get back to the yard and it is then VOR until fixed.