Help name a cafe/Truckstop in northampton

Can anyone name the cafe/truckstop in northampton

You come off the Northampton services go down the road pass the Porsche dealership then you get to a round about you turn right its long that road it’s like a little building on the left of that road truck park at the back and the cars at the front…

Any help with that cafe/truckstop name please

Cheers

Super sausage?

That the one big v

Had a google come up with there website

Cheers fella

That’s a blast from the past, I used to stop there in the 60’s and 70’s. The beds were clean and the food OK.
The name was the same then as it is now.
Must be still a decent place to survive all these years.

Phone number in those days was 0604 36099, still have it in my tattered old note book of digs.

When in there a few times when my dad was trucking

Found this on transport are site
transportcafe.co.uk/supersausage.html

jack hills on the a5

Will have to ask dad what it’s called now

I got a felling it could be jacks hill from the pics

mick p:
jack hills on the a5

Is the one just asked him

Jacks Hill, Tower cafe was north of Towcester, The Super Sausage on the A5 is South of Towcester.

Jacks Hill Cafe
Watling Street
Towcester
NN12 8ET

I stayed there enough times before they modernised it.

Jack Hill

Do they still serve the mushrooms in a bowl ? So you can add do your breakfast when you like or is it all on one plate?

While we are in northampton[bit of a blast from the past]anyone remember the 4 fishes cafe.
regards dave.

I have a slight recollection of staying at the Four Fishes when I loaded phalate out of Scott Bader at Woolaston for Shell.
I loaded out of Scott Baders a lot then for customers as far apart as Yeovil and Edinburgh, all one drop and back empty.

I think I came into Northampton from the M1 there was a brewery and a railway station and then I turned left and the Four Fishes was up that road on the right. It was not too far to walk back into town for a pint. It was no later than 1978 when last stayed there. I went on to BP contact then and they made their own phalate.

I have a slight recollection of staying at the Four Fishes when I loaded phalate out of Scott Bader at Woolaston for Shell.
I loaded out of Scott Baders a lot then for customers as far apart as Yeovil and Edinburgh, all one drop and back empty.

I think I came into Northampton from the M1 there was a brewery and a railway station and then I turned left and the Four Fishes was up that road on the right. It was not too far to walk back into town for a pint. It was no later than 1978 when last stayed there. I went on to BP contact then and they made their own phalate.

Tankerman:

Yes i think you are right mate I recollect coming into n/hampton off the m1turning left and it was on the right near a haulage co on a set of lights.When i stopped there the rooms were all cubicles[like watling st]but better.I fell out with the place when one night with not much time left i arrived and on entering the park was told although there were spaces that the park was full.On making further enquires i was told they had some spaces reserved for contract parking.
regards dave.

Legend_Scania:
Jack Hill

Do they still serve the mushrooms in a bowl ? So you can add do your breakfast when you like or is it all on one plate?

I have no idea, it’s that long since I stayed there, I was fortunate enough to get on the ICI contract at Runcorn sometime in the 80’s and I never went South of the M56 again.
If you look at my photo of Jack’s Hill tower cafe there is an old building at the right of the photo Before the new building was built at the front those old building had been stables, they were cleaned up and made into single bedrooms. It wasn’t the best place in the world but better than sleeping in the cab of a draughty old Scammell.

Dad was saying that a Irish firm runs jack hills cafe and they got there yard in there
He did say but I can’t remember for the life of me who he said :confused:

Anyone can help me

Definitely Super Sausage, on the corner. Used to be inundated with the ladies of the night. But old bill clamped down and they are no more…