Help moving to canada

flat to the mat:
Never slate the place Clyde,love the life and the opportunities.Just trying to warn some people who maybe think place will be the answer to all their dreams,eyes wide open etc.

I never even mentioned you slagging it off. But all the people who are because they work for complete ■■■■■■■ instead of coming on here trying to put people off, Go and find a decent job if you can’t find one then I’m sorry but your not looking hard enough. Or maybe its because they all are used to night trunks and can’t handle a night out incase the bogeyman gets them?

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

robinhood_1984:

Pat Hasler:

nearly there:
Hi guys looking for names of companys in canada who take uk drivers. Ive just had enough of this place it just seems a little bit more every day is taking from us by the goverment. Ive tried to get into euro work but no luck so far, so why not take the plunge. Any info would really help.

Before applying ask yourself this…
‘Do I want to be out from my home for weeks on end ?’
Do I mind working for miles only pay and sitting around in truck stops for sometimes days waiting for my next load ?’
‘Do I want my wife and kids to leave me ?’
‘Do I like subzero temps and snow up the chuffa for 5 months of the year ?’

then if you don’t mind these apply.

Very well put. I’m back in the UK until about March after having being in Canada for almost three years. I obtained permanent residence there last year and have moved jobs twice since trying to find something better but unless you are lucky and get in with a company who keeps you moving you always seem to be banging your head against a brick wall…you’ll get 1000kms a day for monday, tuesday and wednesday, then sit for two days so the week turns to absolute crap. Then after being away for a week, two weeks or even longer, you’ll be expected to be back behind the wheel 36 hours and one minute after you got home (usually before that actually, with re-writing of log books etc).

Well [zb] me Robinhood and Pat Hasler talk more [zb] about Canada than anyone.

You don’t sit for days on end waiting for loads.
Your not away weeks at a time. Thats your choice nobody elses.
You won’t be forced to have 36hrs off and go to work again. Not unless you work for complete [zb] which clearly you to do seeing as your views on truck driving out here are all negative.

Theres more [zb] on this forum about Canada than you could shake a [zb] stick at.

Who do you work for Clyde?
Do you have PR?

Do I have PR? Yes. Have had for over 4years. Who i work for? Paul Brandt… I find it amusing that people who live here slate it so much, if they don’t like it why not [zb] off back to England? Or can’t these people do that because they are failures there too!

Clyde, you are working for a decent firm, that does not give you an insight to the really crap firms who recruit from abroad.
I ‘worked’ for H&R for 5 months, and slated them when I returned to the UK. I was called a loser etc, but have returned to a decent Canadian firm, which does not compare in any way to the Lethbridge Mafia!
I understand your dismay when people slag Canada off… but I usually see them slagging off companies, not the country.
Yo should be ashamed calling people failures without having experienced a truly crap company first.

Ashamed? I don’t think so. I don’t have an insight into crap firms? Ok if that’s what you think carry on. I’ll let all the Brits carry on making out your all heroes who do hard work and are never home and sit for days waiting for loads. I just wish someday I can be so superior like most of the people on here.

Just learning to read would be a good place to start… I am with a good firm… no complaints, relatively easy work, or are you talking about ALL the other Brits on here?

Pat Hasler:

nearly there:
Hi guys looking for names of companys in canada who take uk drivers. Ive just had enough of this place it just seems a little bit more every day is taking from us by the goverment. Ive tried to get into euro work but no luck so far, so why not take the plunge. Any info would really help.

Do I mind working for miles only pay and sitting around in truck stops for sometimes days waiting for my next load ?’

can be the same pat driving euro out of the UK

You tell em Clyde :laughing:

All this re writing log books and 36hrs off is a very one sided view, a side that has obviously not experienced a decent job, for every bad job there are 10 good ones :bulb:

My company has recently started to take on some drivers from Britain, not because it’s a crap job (like almost ALL the others that import drivers) but because they have found that the Brits are very good at the job, but they’ve experienced different Brits because not one of us would put up with the crap that robinhood has put up with :sunglasses:

mickfly:

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

robinhood_1984:

Pat Hasler:

nearly there:

Very well put. I’m back in the UK until about March after having being in Canada for almost three years. I obtained permanent residence there last year and have moved jobs twice since trying to find something better but unless you are lucky and get in with a company who keeps you moving you always seem to be banging your head against a brick wall…you’ll get 1000kms a day for monday, tuesday and wednesday, then sit for two days so the week turns to absolute crap. Then after being away for a week, two weeks or even longer, you’ll be expected to be back behind the wheel 36 hours and one minute after you got home (usually before that actually, with re-writing of log books etc).

You won’t be forced to have 36hrs off and go to work again. Not unless you work for complete [zb] which clearly you to do seeing as your views on truck driving out here are all negative.

Theres more [zb] on this forum about Canada than you could shake a [zb] stick at.

Do you have PR?

Do I have PR? Yes. Have had for over 4years. Who i work for? Paul Brandt… I find it amusing that people who live here slate it so much, if they don’t like it why not [zb] off back to England? Or can’t these people do that because they are failures there too!

Clyde, you are working for a decent firm, that does not give you an insight to the really crap firms who recruit from abroad.
I ‘worked’ for H&R for 5 months, and slated them when I returned to the UK. I was called a loser etc, but have returned to a decent Canadian firm, which does not compare in any way to the Lethbridge Mafia!
I understand your dismay when people slag Canada off… but I usually see them slagging off companies, not the country.
Yo should be ashamed calling people failures without having experienced a truly crap company first.

Ashamed? I don’t think so. I don’t have an insight into crap firms? Ok if that’s what you think carry on. I’ll let all the Brits carry on making out your all heroes who do hard work and are never home and sit for days waiting for loads. I just wish someday I can be so superior like most of the people on here.

Just learning to read would be a good place to start… I am with a good firm… no complaints, relatively easy work, or are you talking about ALL the other Brits on here?

I’ll let you learn to read first thanks. I’don’t remember mentioning your name anywhere… I couldn’t give two ■■■■■ if your on for a good firm or not. I’d rather eat bees than hear about your business.

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

mickfly:

clyde:

robinhood_1984:

Pat Hasler:

nearly there:

Do you have PR?

I’ll let you learn to read first thanks. I’don’t remember mentioning your name anywhere… I couldn’t give two [zb] if your on for a good firm or not. I’d rather eat bees than hear about your business.

You succeeded in your wish to be superior (in your first post)… enjoy the bees!

clyde:

flat to the mat:
Never slate the place Clyde,love the life and the opportunities.Just trying to warn some people who maybe think place will be the answer to all their dreams,eyes wide open etc.

I never even mentioned you slagging it off. But all the people who are because they work for complete [zb] instead of coming on here trying to put people off, Go and find a decent job if you can’t find one then I’m sorry but your not looking hard enough. Or maybe its because they all are used to night trunks and can’t handle a night out incase the bogeyman gets them?

So clyde with your obvious wealth of experience and knowledge then for us to take your rantings seriously please answer these couple of simple questions :wink:
How much experience of driving trucks do you have :question:
How much experience of driving trucks in North America do you have :question:
How many North American companies have you drove for to be able to make comparisons :question:
How did you get such a good job :question:

Otherwise your rantings one here will never be taken seriously :open_mouth:

I’d rather eat bees than hear about your business.clyde

Private message

Funny as F, ■■■■■■■ meself laughing & boy do I need a laugh…

fly sheet:
I’d rather eat bees than hear about your business.clyde

And 5 of those are rants on this very topic :laughing: :laughing:

He dissapeared!
I guess the bees must have bit his tongue!

He needs to get back on here pronto I need more laughter…

fly sheet:

He must be very busy, after all we are in the middle of panto season :laughing: :laughing:

On the road again:

clyde:

flat to the mat:

I never even mentioned you slagging it off. But all the people who are because they work for complete [zb] instead of coming on here trying to put people off, Go and find a decent job if you can’t find one then I’m sorry but your not looking hard enough. Or maybe its because they all are used to night trunks and can’t handle a night out incase the bogeyman gets them?

So clyde with your obvious wealth of experience and knowledge then for us to take your rantings seriously please answer these couple of simple questions :wink:
How much experience of driving trucks do you have :question:
How much experience of driving trucks in North America do you have :question:
How many North American companies have you drove for to be able to make comparisons :question:
How did you get such a good job :question:

Otherwise your rantings one here will never be taken seriously :open_mouth:

I don’t need to answer these questions as obviously you no more about me then i do about myself considering you asked such questions imparticular. Maybe you should go back and consult the brit clique for more information?

How i got my job? Why has this got anything to do with anything i’ve said before? you don’t know how i got it nor does any other ■■■■ on this forum regardless of what the person told you how i did. Maybe i should ask a few others how they got the job at the said company too while we are here?

How many have i drove for? Just the 1. but again as you know seem to know everything about me i shouldn’t need to explain why i have had experience with another one with green trucks.

I must be very busy? Your quite right aswell i was. I don’t have the time to sit in here and waste my life away with nobs who clearly are ■■■■■■■ and don’t realize who they are talking to.

fly sheet:

Sorry i was the one laughing at you lot so i couldn’t reply.

mickfly:
He dissapeared!

I’m here don’t worry have been for 3 years reading the ■■■■■■■■ you all come out with on here.

Bees sting not bite.

Clyde.

You need to quit the paranoid everyone’s talking about me bollox :unamused: Trust me, having known you for most of your life, you really ain’t that interesting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People who have half an idea of who you are are probably well aware how you got your job, the same way most of us get our jobs, we know someone on the firm, they put in a good word, you get the job, it’s the best way to get a job, at least you know what to expect :bulb:

That’s how I did it, (you know who put the word in for me) then I put George’s name up, most of the rest there have all done the same, except they’re all related in some kind of strange inbred way :laughing:

Thing is, here you are doing the job, earning decent money, not ripping up log books left, right and center, this means that you’ve managed to do a hell of a lot better than drivers that have been doing the job for 20yrs or more :bulb:

newmercman:
Clyde.

You need to quit the paranoid everyone’s talking about me bollox :unamused: Trust me, having known you for most of your life, you really ain’t that interesting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People who have half an idea of who you are are probably well aware how you got your job, the same way most of us get our jobs, we know someone on the firm, they put in a good word, you get the job, it’s the best way to get a job, at least you know what to expect :bulb:

That’s how I did it, (you know who put the word in for me) then I put George’s name up, most of the rest there have all done the same, except they’re all related in some kind of strange inbred way :laughing:

Thing is, here you are doing the job, earning decent money, not ripping up log books left, right and center, this means that you’ve managed to do a hell of a lot better than drivers that have been doing the job for 20yrs or more :bulb:

I’ll join the non interesting club with you then. :laughing:

Paranoid? Not in the slighest, but when people come out with particular questions then its not rocket science to work it out. If people are aware how i got the job why ask?

My original point hasn’t been understood quite clearly by some. People constantly moan about ■■■■■■■■ that don’t happen if you get off your arse and get a job, and make Canada sound ■■■■ when its not. If they hate it that much just ■■■■ off and let the people who do wanna move here make their own decision and stop feeding them with ■■■■.

I don’t rip up logbooks. I burn them :laughing: :wink:

clyde:

newmercman:
Clyde.

I’ll join the non interesting club with you then. :laughing:

Paranoid? Not in the slighest, but when people come out with particular questions then its not rocket science to work it out. If people are aware how i got the job why ask?

My original point hasn’t been understood quite clearly by some. People constantly moan about [zb] that don’t happen if you get off your arse and get a job, and make Canada sound [zb] when its not. If they hate it that much just [zb] off and let the people who do wanna move here make their own decision and stop feeding them with [zb].

I don’t rip up logbooks. I burn them :laughing: :wink:

You’ve had a couple of good teachers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The rest of what you say makes sense, I suppose there’s a first time for everything :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

One thing to consider Clyde, you’re starting out in the same place as all the old ■■■■■ on here have got to now, only thing is, they/we’ve had to put 20 or more years in to get there :bulb:

You’re also dead right about the whinging and moaning, I read some of the posts and think I inhabit a parallel universe :unamused:

clyde:

fly sheet:

mickfly:
He dissapeared!

I’m here don’t worry have been for 3 years reading the [zb] you all come out with on here.

Bees sting not bite.

I actually thought you was quite funny, in a funny good way Chap like good humour if you see what I mean. It seems your a bit touchy about a few things, I don’t come on here to knock people, poke fun at folks & pry into how what or when they did this that or the other. In fact I’m in a spot at the minute & your comment about bees was the first time I’d laughed in ages. Anyway if your laughing at Me you crack on Driver & I’m pleased you’ve found something funny.

fly sheet:

clyde:

fly sheet:

mickfly:
He dissapeared!

I’m here don’t worry have been for 3 years reading the [zb] you all come out with on here.

Bees sting not bite.

I actually thought you was quite funny, in a funny good way Chap like good humour if you see what I mean. It seems your a bit touchy about a few things, I don’t come on here to knock people, poke fun at folks & pry into how what or when they did this that or the other. In fact I’m in a spot at the minute & your comment about bees was the first time I’d laughed in ages. Anyway if your laughing at Me you crack on Driver & I’m pleased you’ve found something funny.

Everyone has a touchy side :laughing:

It seems some people do just come on here to knock people and this place and compare how big eachothers nobs are cos they’ve done 7billion miles and been driving 500years.