help me.

Hi
i am looking to take up a career in driving, i currently have just my b1 class licence and was wondering is it just the matter of getting my lgv/hgv licence and training or is there any other tickets or cards i have to get or that would be a large advantage,

Stop being so blummin’ lazy and get onto Google!

a 2 minute search brought up this:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … /index.htm

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … /DG_182834

:wink:

Dear Allenstewart,
I am sure that you must also have a category B licence because I haven’t heard of anybody having a cat B1 without also having a cat B.

Anyway, let’s assume that you do have a cat B licence.

You have to apply for a provisional LGV licence to the dvla. You must also have a medical first and include your medical pass form signed by the doctor along with your application. And a fee of course.
When you have got your provisional licence, you must than take LGV driving lessons because there is no way on god’s earth you will pass the driving test without them.
Even so, before you can even apply for your driving test, you must pass a hazard perception test and a theory test.
If you want to drive as a job, you must get your initial CPC. This means a further theory (case study based test) and a separate practical test. You will also need a Digi Tacho Card from the dvla, another £38 to them.

SO, you have got a lot of time to pass before you pass everything and you will probably spend about £2,000 to £2,500 to get there.

do you really want it that much?

Then, you have to get a job as a driver and with no experience, to be realistic it’s a big task just to get an interview.
However, one or two people from this forum have managed it.
You DO need to follow up those internet weblinks in the previous respondent’s post though.
Good Luck,
Landylad

recently done my class 1 at 24 and yes is very hard to get a start and in my case its a case of who i know not what i know,
had my car&bike liecence 6years totaly clean then class2&1, only took 2months to find a full time job. (small firm)
when i first started looking into it all i was told by few training places to budget for 3k to acount for failing a test or 2.

realy think very carfully before you start.

A good read of this might help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

Find a decent training school and they will explain the costs usually about 2k for class 1+2 then your cpc and your digi card if u really want it do your class 2 first and drive for 2 years before you do the big one that way you get to know the road system and where places are then that will put you in good stead for your class1 either that or do it all at once but if i did it again that would be my advice good luck.