Help Me!

Hello all you delightful fellow Trucknetters. You may have heard of me or may not, or wish you never had. Anyhow one of my pet topics is new drivers and attracting them, educating them and retaining them within the industry. It’s reason I started my #TruckingTopTips The Basics video series where I cover stuff that to us is basic knowledge but still has to be learned. So anyway I want to build up a database of companies that will give people with no experience a chance. Took me 3 years before someone finally said yes and gave me a truck driving job. So any way I can make it easier I do. All details on my blog

lorrydriverluke@live.com

http://www.lorry-driver.com/2021/03/companies-that-give-new-drivers-chance.html

Have a good rest of day all

switchlogic:
Hello all you delightful fellow Trucknetters. You may have heard of me or may not, or wish you never had. Anyhow one of my pet topics is new drivers and attracting them, educating them and retaining them within the industry. It’s reason I started my #TruckingTopTips The Basics video series where I cover stuff that to us is basic knowledge but still has to be learned. So anyway I want to build up a database of companies that will give people with no experience a chance. Took me 3 years before someone finally said yes and gave me a truck driving job. So any way I can make it easier I do. All details on my blog

lorrydriverluke@live.com

http://www.lorry-driver.com/2021/03/companies-that-give-new-drivers-chance.html

Have a good rest of day all

An excellent idea Luke.

I started with a small subby… As long as you show willing and look after the gear I found they were a good way in - and they quickly learn to trust you. …Sadly the guy I started with is no longer trading, thanks to the “big boys”. It wasn’t top ££ but it was still more than some outfits pay now - and this was over 10 years ago…

Good luck with this project say I!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3 yrs before someone let you drive , have you not heard of agency

dozy:
3 yrs before someone let you drive , have you not heard of agency

Agencies? What is this sorcery you speak of dozy one. :smiley:

Well. Caveating you will probably have to start on 7.5t vans.
DX Freight (Used to be nightfreight) and Tuffnells.

I know some people balk at the idea of driving a 7.5t doing multi drop. But it is still classed as a HGV and it is experience.

Then you have Maritime.
maritimetransport.com/join- … ver-scheme

I also think Brakes take on class 2 drivers as well.

Just wait for carryfast to come along and balls up the whole thread as usual.

Remember, they’re only willing to give an inexperienced driver a chance because they have no experienced candidates. While I don’t mean to go all carryfast I will say that I applied to ES last year january, probably the most famous “We’ll take anyone” company but didn’t get a chance even after passing the driving assessment because times were tight and they had plenty of other candidates. In other news I heard Jan de reijjjk are recruiting in EE and are paying for C+E so long as you have a cat. C already + going out with an experienced driver for your first few runs.

Up here in the north of Sweden companies are prepared to give ‘new’ guys a chance.This is due to a variety of factors.
1,Industry still lives in the 'old fashioned’time of transport a bit when enthusiasm was equal to experience.
2 It gives them the opportunity to teach drivers to their way of working.
3There is a shortage of qualified people in many sectors of industry here due to constant expansion within the mining sector,the IT sector and building sector,this also due to 2 major towns being relocated,Kiruna and Gällivare.Also Europes biggest battery factory is being built in Skellefteå as well as various wind turbine parks.
4 Also its not the most hospitable climate here.

ETS:
Remember, they’re only willing to give an inexperienced driver a chance because they have no experienced candidates.

Not necessarily. I’ve worked for a couple of companies, one truck one coach, where they specifically recruited young/newly passed drivers. The thinking was they are much easier to mould into the sort of driver you want (plus they moaned less and were more positive). Would be route I’d take too if I was an employer. Get in at ground floor, make them company men/women

hutpik:
opportunity to teach drivers to their way of working.

I posted comment before reading this but yes, that’s exactly why.