Help! Lost paper part of my license

As above really cant find it for love nor money, under normal circumstances i would be too worried. :angry:

I have a medical on the 1st of sept and they require that i take both parts of my license in

1st questions how come they need both parts and…

2nd questions is there anything else i can take with me to cover my self?

I can order one online but it says it can take up to 2 weeks to arrive and im concerned that it wont arrive in time.

whats the best advice?

Call DVLA they do replacements over the phone. Costs £20 and they send the new one out the following working day
Just had a student do this.

Cheers for that buddy, will give them a call tomorrow, as i missed the blighters tonight by 39 mins! GRRR :unamused:

i had a look on the .gov site and they said there is a 2 week wait!
Will give them a call tomorrow and get it sorted, even hunted again this even and still nothing, suppose i had better cut my loses and part with my £22

ASK THEM to send it first class.

Can you hang on until 2015 as the paper part is being abolished :wink:

I am in the same quandary, I have lost mine but refuse to pay 20 quid for a replacement that only lasts till then. I only need it to hire a car

New license ordered today :slight_smile: Did ask for it 1st class BUT he said that itll be quicker via 2nd class as it has to go to him first or something to change the stamp :confused:

Hopefully itll be here weds thurs so JUST in time for my medical! (fingers crossed!)