Help just been told I have my theory test next week?

My employer has suddenly told me my test is booked for next week to go for my class 2. I was expecting a few weeks to prepare for it so I’m pretty screwed tbh.

I have the theory test book for drivers of large vehicles and it has a lot of questions for PCV drivers.

Will I get these questions in my test or is there a different test if your going for a PCV licence?

Cheers

Probably sensible shelling out a few quid so you can practice the hgv questions rather than rely on the bus ones.

http://drivingtheory4all.co,uk

Don’t sweat it, a few days practice will get you through if you have an ounce of common sense

Don’t stress pal, you have the only book you need! :smiley:
Ignore the PSV only parts of the book, as you won’t get questions on that.
I used only that book and got 96 out of 100.
It’s annoying that they don’t tell you which ones you get wrong! :imp:

Thanks, just wanted to be sure I didn’t needed to learn the PSV stuff as well :slight_smile:

Don’t sweat it pal you have the tools you need. Swat up on it and you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

try this for free = mocktheorytest.com/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

If you’ve got an android phone search in play store for lgv theory and download the app it costs about 6 quid I think but it’s got hazard perception and theory. And you can use it out and about

ROG:
try this for free = mocktheorytest.com/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

+1 from me, I mainly used that site for my Theory, found it a great resource and as an added bonus it’s free!!

I never used the paid sites do can’t comment on the differences, but I managed 94/100 using mainly that site and the book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrdj:
My employer has suddenly told me my test is booked for next week to go for my class 2. I was expecting a few weeks to prepare for it so I’m pretty screwed tbh.

The official theory book has multiple choice questions for (a) just buses, (b) both buses and lorries, (c) just lorries.

Do all the multiple choice questions that are for (b) and (c). Don’t do the (a) questions as you won’t get those questions in the exam.

As you only have one week to prepare, I would suggest that you don’t read any of the information next to the multiple choice questions. Just do the multiple choice questions. Perhaps two chapters each day.

There are two free official practice theory tests for large vehicle drivers here:

safedrivingforlife.info/take … e-test-one

There are 50 questions on each practice test, whereas the real test will have 100 questions. You will need to score 85/100 to pass.

gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-dri … heory-test

The part 1 theory test has two parts. The multiple choice test and the hazard perception test. The hazard perception test should only take you about 2 to 5 hours of practice on a MAC or PC, using the official hazard perception test DVD. The PC will need Windows version 7 to 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=SdQRkmdhwJs

safedrivingforlife.info/sho … m-software

Hi all, in the end I delayed it for two weeks.

Borrowed the official question book. Didn’t end up reading a page of it.

Bought the android app by blue river for test + hazard and worked my way through it.

Also got the official hazard DVD which is crap.

Borrowed COMPLETE LGV HGV PCV DSA DVSA THEORY TEST HAZARD PERCEPTION TEST PC DVD which was better than the app for hazard as screen is bigger on my laptop.

97 theory, 80 hazard.

Had a 1hr assessment in a 26t this week loved it.

Thanks for all the advice. Anyone who is starting out the 5.99 app is all you need!

26t is an unusual choice of training vehicle. Does it belong to a trainer?

Pete :laughing: :laughing: