Help i'm on a trunk run tonight, need route ideas please!

hey everyone,

I have a trunk run tonight form south shields tyne and wear going to fradley(?) Birmingham, any route ideas would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

Top of my head-A1-M18-M1-M42, that’s if all the roads are open !!!

thankyou MV, seems pretty straight forward, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

A1,m1,a42,m42

A1-M18-M1-M42

As the above but really you could have used a map or even better looked at it yourself on google…

Swampey2418:

A1-M18-M1-M42

As the above but really you could have used a map or even better looked at it yourself on google…

looking on google now have been for a while, just wanted valued opinions :slight_smile:

scotstrucker:
A1,m1,a42,m42

Is it better at the moment to go via the M18 (via the “The North/The South” junction), or just follow the road onto the M1 when it starts?

Once you’ve decided on your route then check it out with this to give you an idea of any possible hold ups

roadworks.org

just had a look on the roadworks site, its not leaving much option, looks like whichever route I take I’m gonna come up against a road closure of some sort, any thoughts anyone, only asking cos its my first night trunk in years, last one was class 2 about 10 years ago :-/

If its fradley nr Lichfield your heading for could go A1 M18 M1 to J24 along A50 then down A38 past burton to Fradley.

Jeff.

Most places that run trunks have a recommended route with diversion routes for emergencies. They do the run every day, so they probably know best. Just ask at the office.

I’m gonna come up against a road closure of some sort, any thoughts anyone

■■■■ it up and stop stressing… Ive looked at the route and there only lane closures shown on the roadworks site… they haven’t close roads :open_mouth:

Swampey2418:

I’m gonna come up against a road closure of some sort, any thoughts anyone

■■■■ it up and stop stressing… Ive looked at the route and there only lane closures shown on the roadworks site… they haven’t close roads :open_mouth:

Fair enough :-/

sat nav ?

This is not real,for gods sake get a map.

deckboypeggy:

christ almighty,how does he manage to find his yard every day…has to be a windup :unamused:

dieseldog999:

deckboypeggy:

christ almighty,how does he manage to find his yard every day…has to be a windup :unamused:

not windup, was first job with agency on class 1, but hey, thanks for the input,!!

silvasurfa67:

dieseldog999:

deckboypeggy:

not windup, was first job with agency on class 1, but hey, thanks for the input,!!

Fair hike for your first run pal,roads will be nice and quiet satdy night for you,enjoy :wink:

A19, AI, M18, M1, A38 Fradley is right at the side of the A38

in my opinion the shortest route, dual and m/way all the way though road works might alter things