Help how do i insert photos

please help :blush:

The images must be stored on the net somewhere, it doesn’t work if they are only on your PC.

You then insert the URL of the picture between image tags like this

your%20picture%20URL

If you don’t have the pictures on the net already you could use a service such as www.uploadit.org

photo%20properties%20from%20net

Thats what you asked

cheers neil
i wondered why i could not transfer from my hard drive
jon

get any nine year old whos competent with a playstation to show you :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

John

no tryed the nine year old hes no good :blush:

pictures are too big to upload how do i make them smaller :question:

jon

:sunglasses: Ahh well, therein lies the problem to which I do not have the answer.
I’m only an ex-trucker who can drive the keyboard :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have a graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro on your computer, you can use that, or another graphics package to resize them.

Or if you like you could email them to me and I’ll resize them for you and mail them back. PM me for email address if you want to do that.

Coffeeholic:
Or if you like you could email them to me and I’ll resize them for you and mail them back. PM me for email address if you want to do that.

i can resize them for e mail but tryed to resize them on picture manager .will have another go .
jon

You can do it in picture manager, it’s under the Picture menu. Easiest way is to use the percentage box to resize to 75%, 50% or whatever of original, that way will preserve the aspect ratio

What format are your pictures in if they are (.bmp) files they will be very big fies size not picture size as it takes time to download and you really need to convert them to (.jpg) paint shop pro has a facility called batch convertion which changes the file format it can also resize them.

managed to upload it i have tried to put it on turbostar post with no luck. can you tell me what i have done wrong :blush:

see my message to you in that thread. You had some of the tags wrong so I edited them but the picture didn’t come up, it came up as a dead link

thank you all for your help
MAL put them up for me :laughing:
jon

jon boy 100:
no tryed the nine year old hes no good :blush:

pictures are too big to upload how do i make them smaller :question:

jon

scissors

I wasn’t sure if you were talking about an avatar resizer, that will convert all pics to avatar size. It’s a free download, but I wasn’t sure if I could put the site up or not? Can someone let me know please?

Coffeeholic:

Could you do the same for me Coffee? :slight_smile: I did ask Rikki, but he keeps forgetting :unamused:

what is an avatar? I know i have one, but why
why is it called an avatar?

what is wrong with in image, or a picture or a photo :question:

No problem Cliff, email them and i’ll see what I can do. I will be away until the end of the week though so may have to wait until the weekend.

Wheel Nut

The definitions of avatar are,
An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype.
A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity.

In today’s internet communities the word has come to mean a graphical representation of a real person, usually a small picture that the person choses to represent and reflect their personality and interests.

Why the word avatar was chosen I have no idea but I guess it is because the picture is supposed to be more than just a picture, image or photo.