Help! How do i fit a Microwave and cb in a r series Scania

Just had my new topline,found the wiring for the microwave but its not wired upto anything,has anybody fitted one and how did you do it as Scania want to charge me the best part of £300!!!
Also found the wires for the cb and their live but no aerial wire from the n/s aerial on the cab,any one have any idea where they have hiden it?

get the micro fitted properly by some who knows what there doing

Thank’s Alix but i think 6 years as an apprentice and a technician at a Scania dealer qualifies me to “know what i’m doing”,all i need to know is where this wire i’ve found goes to so i can join it up.

jase:
Thank’s Alix but i think 6 years as an apprentice and a technician at a Scania dealer qualifies me to “know what i’m doing”,all i need to know is where this wire i’ve found goes to so i can join it up.

sounds like it,lol

I would think that it goes directly to the battery due to the power draw of a microwave. Both the trucks I had with microwaves had them wired in this way, one wired after it arrived and one came wired like that from the factory. What ever you do make sure you fasten the microwave down securely, I’ve seen cabs with the microwave just sitting there. It would be a right bugger if you survived an RTC only to be killed by the microwave taking your head off. :wink: :smiley:

Cheers coffee,our gaffer has told me there wired up for a microwave as hepaid for it when speccing it up.I’ll speak to Keltruck tomorrow about it.
As for you NJ,thanks for the advice,about as funny as a ■■■■ in a space suit.

jase:
Cheers coffee,our gaffer has told me there wired up for a microwave as hepaid for it when speccing it up.

In that case I’d look in the battery box, I would guess the cables terminate in there at the moment waiting to be connected when the microwave is fitted. There should also be a big old fuse holder in there for the + cable as well.

No i had a look as i wanted to check my microwave was working so i put across the batteries and it worked,i’ll have to ask either one of Maritime or Elite’s to see how theirs has been wired up.If not then i’ll pay to have it done on the first service.

:unamused: :unamused:

Personally I’d PM Discopete, after all he’s yer man at Keltruck.

Thanks Kate,i knew there was someone here from Keltruck i just couldn’t remember his name
Thanks again

As for your CB wire , there should be a few feet of co-ax cable (but needs a p/l plug) you should be able to find it beside the 12v wiring in the cab and if you go on the cab roof there should be a black rubber gromet you pull up and it should have the “outside” side of the wire !

I’ll have a look for that fallmonk.Sorry it took a bit to reply i was mesmirised by your photo on the side!!

Jase you have a PM, hope it helps

Pete

Cheers Pete,thats bang on,i’ve put the microwave in and plugged it into that kit 30 on so i’ll pull that kick panel off tomorrow and have a look for that connector.Thank you again Pete and i’ll let you know what happens or i 'll let you know when its coming in for a rewire hehe.

I ment to put somthing on about putting the CB in your cab. They way that works best is to make a couple of leads that go straight to your battery, this way you dont get any interference. You can just plug it into your 12V socket but thats a tad difficult when you wont to put another thing in there. They way i put a radio in the car was to take out the 12V socket, and put some bits of wire coming from the wires already there, one slightly higher then the other, and putting a lever terminal block in the cab secured down where you wont it, and putting the cable from the CB into that. It depends where you wont to put the CB. I think you already have the cable for powering it though. The cable for the ariel by the cable for the CB. The pl259 is the connector on the end of the cable, the best ones i use are the solderless ones. They work well and i only soldered the tip of it. Once you get the hang of putting the earting side of the coax on, its very secure. How good are the CB aeriels that come fittied with the trucks?
I do amateur radio so i have to run my own cables to the radio, and the radio has to be able to come in and out easy. Thats where the lever terminals come in and make everything easy.

Joe

I f i remember correctly in the R series scanny if it has electric diagnosis system in it anything connected has to set up and connected in the correct place the microwave should be ok as it goes back to the heavy incoming main
Coffeeholic wrote

RTC only to be killed by the microwave taking your head off

Well said coffeeholic one of my friends died when the truck rolled at Goringchem in holland in about 1976 he was killed by the telly hitting his head
klunk