HELP Forgot to put card in

Hi lads
I’m a bit worried at the moment
I went to work 6 am transport manager gave me some other jobs to do
Putting other cages on paper work ect
I’ve set off for my drop got to jcn 28 leyland from blackpool I just remembered I’ve not put my card in I panicked stopped put it in did my drops I’ve told TM HE did not seem bothered I’m not sure what to do it was just a mistake on my part
Should I contact vosa explain what happened
Not sure what to do…
Thanks Scott

How didn’t you notice the tacho unit flashing away saying “Driving W/O valid card” ■■

Anyway, for the work at the start of your shift you should have covered as a manual entry, I’d advise you do a printout of the day concerned and fill in the driving part on the back of the printout and sign it.

This I understand to be a manual entry in itself and should cover you, at least your declaring what you’ve done and trying to provide a record of it.

Golden rule, record everything to keep the roadside Gestapo happy!!

I’ve never done a manual en new driver
I just put card in it was about 1 hr 6-7 am

I once like a nupty stuck my analogue disc the wrong way around, I just filled it in manually including where my breaks where on the times, I am sure a digi has a facility for this if say the digi unit fails (still dive my old wagon so dont use digi much)

CAMARON:
Hi lads
I’m a bit worried at the moment
I went to work 6 am transport manager gave me some other jobs to do
Putting other cages on paper work ect
I’ve set off for my drop got to jcn 28 leyland from blackpool I just remembered I’ve not put my card in I panicked stopped put it in did my drops I’ve told TM HE did not seem bothered I’m not sure what to do it was just a mistake on my part
Should I contact vosa explain what happened
Not sure what to do…
Thanks Scott

Of course you should not contact VOSA, you’ll get everyone into trouble with that sort of talk :sunglasses:

Do a vehicle printout for the day and mark with horizontal lines the time from when you started driving the vehicle to when you inserted the driver card, write an explanation on it and also write a manual entry for the other work that you should have manually recorded when you should have put the card in.

If it was me I’d do what I said above but wouldn’t offer the printout to an enforcement officer unless they found a discrepancy in a VU check (very unusual I think), I’d then magically remember the printout in my bag :wink:

It doesn’t sound like your boss is bothered, but after 28 days give him the printout anyway he may want to keep it to explain the driving without card event on the VU.

Now relax it’s not the crime of the century and no-one will make a film of it :smiley: :wink:

I would pal but I did not do a manual ent not sure how to
I’ve left firm no contact with them
Will I be ok to drive again or is it over for me.
Scott

My good holy god! Jail I’d say, nothing less.

THANKS PAL

Relax mate.

I don’t think this is a problem for you at all. As far as your card is concerned, you just did an hours less work today. Just be careful in future!

If anyone has a problem, it will be the firm you worked for, and only IF they get an inspection and IF some white collar notices the unaccounted mileage on this vehicle. All very unlikely.

Now please go get a beer and chill out!

Thanks pal you have put my
Mind at rest… Scott

CAMARON:
I would pal but I did not do a manual ent not sure how to
I’ve left firm no contact with them
Will I be ok to drive again or is it over for me.
Scott

Well you’ve told us what you’ve done so it could be all over for you, however we are open to bribery :smiley: :wink:

There’s not much you can do now apart from write a manual entry on printing paper to cover yourself if the firm question why there’s a driving without card event on the VU, apart from that relax and forget it :wink:

dont worry about it cameron ,everyone does it
chances of you getting stopped are very slim and your firm dont give a ■■■■ about it anyway

Nothing to worry about,by law 28 days of tacho records are required to be kept. It was a mistake,but as said do not inform DVSA.
If stopped,remember the attitude test, if that is passed,the chances are only a verbal warning when stopped.
Just explain what happened without telling lies.Try and forget about it, or it will make your driving unsafe and get paranoid.

Done this before, despite not doing a print out vosa were ok with it but they do want to see one. Certainly wouldn’t worry about it, their after people bending it, not people making a few mistakes.

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE EVERYBODY
SCOTT

On over night rest periods,many drivers forget to select the bed mode on the tacho or some models of tachos if you operate the ignition during a 9 or 11 hour rest,the tacho mode reverts to crossed hammers or other work.
Once again,DVSA enforcement officers may see this as a genuine mistake as they know we are humans.A printout to explain it.
In the airline industry,experienced pilots make mistakes.
As said before,there is the chance you will not get stopped in the next 28 days.
Many drivers write everything they do in a diary.
This helps if a fraudelent claim for a parking charge comes through the post.
A quick glance will help to prove you were not there,or not in that vehicle.
A fixed camera fine,somebody else was driving the truck.

Hope this nervous wreck doesn’t decide to do international work… :wink:

Hopefully he’ll be at school now…

The thing is though, if he is stopped in the next 28 days, there’s no infringement on his card anyway.
Nothing to worry about, drive away and don’t mention it at a roadside check. They won’t see anything wrong and no point in you shooting yourself in the foot by pointing it out to them.

Geeeeez no wonder everyone thinks we are all dumb !!!