Help for a new driver please guys/

Hi all.
can you tell me if I was right or Wrong please,I started a new job and as a new driver (class one 8 weeks) i knew I had to start at the bottom however this has been my week…
I started a new job on thursday started at 8am worked till 8 pm and did 9 hours driving
friday 7 am to 10 pm 10 hours driving
sat 7 am -4 pm 4 hours driving
sun 7 am -10.30pm - 10 hours driving
mon 7.30am -9.30 pm-9 hours
all ok but i started at 8…am yesterday(tuesday)and at 20.45 reached my collection point with 6 mins left on digi card
they said the load had to be in london for 7 am ( 4.5 hours away) and i said i have to have 9 hours min rest …
my boss rang me and said if i did not do it i could [zb] off as when there is work it has to be done
am I right that as i did not finish till 20.45 I could not drive till 5.45 am today …
i guess its just to put my mind at rest as he sent a driver down to to the drop i was sent to yard and sacked ( well told if i was not going to do what i was told clear ya cab and DO ONE .
Like i say I have only had a class one for 8 weeks before that i have been on bulk blowers so ya never really do long driving…i was really happy about starting class one but right now i am gutted

thanks for reading and any advise would be good
ade now unemployed :frowning:

Sounds like he needs to be visited by the Ministry.

I’ve quickly read it once but it looks like you’re going well into your 7 th shift and you need to be parked up by 08.00 on Weds, also one day you did a 15 1/2 hr day which surely you must know is illegal and also it looks like you’ve used up your quota of reduced rests, but like I said I only quickly looked.
He don’t sound like a good boss to me by the way.

I did do 15.5 hours as was stuck ina acident on m25 and could not get off only moved 2 miles then arked up in services …

adefincher:
I did do 15.5 hours as was stuck ina acident on m25 and could not get off only moved 2 miles then arked up in services …

Fair enough but how can you do any work pass 08.00 today not forgetting the 144 hr rule.

I know I was told my working week was thursday - tuesday and was expecting to finish last night when i droped the trailer off as its about 40 mins from yard but then i had the phone call off him saying I have to stay out and take trailer to london …

ade

Hi Ade welcome

I think you got out of there quick, as to me your ex employer as no regards to the rules, and as you have only had your licence for a short while. there are some bad companies out there and you found one, move on find a new job and learn from it

Its your licence you paid for it, your the one that as to protect it

just a note on the 15.5 hours if that happens again, make sure you take a print out and put a note about why and sign it

i know its a bit late for that one but for the future

adefincher:
Hi all.
can you tell me if I was right or Wrong please,I started a new job and as a new driver (class one 8 weeks) i knew I had to start at the bottom however this has been my week…
I started a new job on thursday started at 8am worked till 8 pm and did 9 hours driving
friday 7 am to 10 pm 10 hours driving
sat 7 am -4 pm 4 hours driving
sun 7 am -10.30pm - 10 hours driving
mon 7.30am -9.30 pm-9 hours
all ok but i started at 8…am yesterday(tuesday)and at 20.45 reached my collection point with 6 mins left on digi card
they said the load had to be in london for 7 am ( 4.5 hours away) and i said i have to have 9 hours min rest …
my boss rang me and said if i did not do it i could [zb] off as when there is work it has to be done
am I right that as i did not finish till 20.45 I could not drive till 5.45 am today …
i guess its just to put my mind at rest as he sent a driver down to to the drop i was sent to yard and sacked ( well told if i was not going to do what i was told clear ya cab and DO ONE .
Like i say I have only had a class one for 8 weeks before that i have been on bulk blowers so ya never really do long driving…i was really happy about starting class one but right now i am gutted

thanks for reading and any advise would be good
ade now unemployed :frowning:

thursday 8am - 8 pm
friday 7 am - 10 pm = reduced daily rest
sat 7 am - 4 pm
sun 7 am - 10.30pm = reduced daily rest and INSUFFICIENT REST *
mon 7.30am - 9.30 pm = reduced daily rest
tue 8am - 8.45pm
The last weekly rest finished at 8am thursday so the next weekly rest of at least 24 hours must start no later than 8am wednesday

Mute point now as the weekly rest must be taken but THREE reduced daily rests had already been taken so that meant a full 11 hour daily rest would be needed from 8.45pm tue

This means you were dismissed for not acting illegally - I would take it further and would deffo inform VOSA of such practice

* sun 7 am - 10.30pm = 15.5 HOUR SHIFT WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW A MINIMUM 9 HOUR DAILY REST WITHIN 24 HOURS - could be a hefty fine coming your way if VOSA find out within the next 6 months

EDIT = sorry, missed this post…

adefincher:

If you covered that with the above explanation then all will be OK :smiley:

adefincher:
Hi Ade welcome

I think you got out of there quick, as to me your ex employer as no regards to the rules, and as you have only had your licence for a short while. there are some bad companies out there and you found one, move on find a new job and learn from it

just a note on the 15.5 hours if that happens again, make sure you take a print out and put a note about why and sign it

thanks mate .
I did do a print out and stapled it to my work sheet.saying due to acident unable to stop.

thought it was two good to be true when as a new boy i had a scania topline with all mod cons …

I just feel like i have had the pi** took out of me by the guy

thanks for the comments

adefincher:

adefincher:
Hi Ade welcome

thanks mate .
I did do a print out and stapled it to my work sheet.saying due to acident unable to stop.

thought it was two good to be true when as a new boy i had a scania topline with all mod cons …

I just feel like i have had the pi** took out of me by the guy

thanks for the comments

Your welcome

just in case you dind not do this

If you get a job soon IE within 28 days, next time your in a digital tachograph truck get your self a copy of the 15.5 hour day and keep so you have a copy for any roadside checks just in case

del

If you do not have a printout for that 15.5 hour day of your own then get one done asap as you might need it within the next 6 months

So basically poor Ade has been sacked for not breaking the law because his boss wanted him to drive to London on his 7th day thus going well past his 144 hrs. Surely this boss needs reporting.