Help Digi card

My first post, How do I stand with this, I have repeatedly asked my employer to download my digi card with no joy, now I have left the company they have asked for my card which I have said ok I will meet up with you and you can download it, the only response I’ve had is we need your digi card with no agreement to meet up, this has been going on for over a month now, I have finally said to them look I am going past your yard on 10/01/2015 I will call in and you can download it, I’ve had no response the problem I have is I start a new Job on Monday, where do I stand?

Thanks in advance

Have you not downloaded your card before with this current employer?

No I hadn’t been there that long, and it was weekend +Monday work, the money was terrible so I left

You should have been down loading on your last shift

could you not just turn up and download your card?

Just go in when your passing, get whoever downloads the cards to do it, then its done out the way. Don’t see why they wouldn’t just download it if you popped in.

Kenny1975:
Just go in when your passing, get whoever downloads the cards to do it, then its done out the way. Don’t see why they wouldn’t just download it if you popped in.

They are not guaranteed to be there that’s the problem, its fifty miles away from me so popping in on the off chance is not an option, that’s why I have tried to agree a time with them

leegti6:

There not always there that’s the problem

The OP has fulfilled his obligation to make the card available to download, they have declined = their problem , not his.

philw:

leegti6:

Fair point. They messing you about then in not responding to you then?

I though it was the employers responsibility to download the card and not the employee’s.
I did work for a company through an agency and the company never downloaded my card, they never asked for it, and I didn’t offer it to them for download.

weeto:
The OP has fulfilled his obligation to make the card available to download, they have declined = their problem , not his.

Yes I would agree with this. Download of the card is the operators obligation at least every 28 days. They’re the ones with missing data.

If you are working somewhere now maybe ask them if they can download the card and email you the ‘raw’ file then you email it to the old employer. That would satisfy their legal obligations and make sure they don’t have missing data.

leegti6:

philw:

leegti6:

Fair point. They messing you about then in not responding to you then?

Exactly, if I can’t get it downloaded by the ex employer by Saturday the new employer will download it as and when, but, how do I stand with VOSA

Eat My BB:
I though it was the employers responsibility to download the card and not the employee’s.
I did work for a company through an agency and the company never downloaded my card, they never asked for it, and I didn’t offer it to them for download.

No, I’m pretty sure it’s the drivers responsibility, the buck stops here and all that, I maybe wrong though

weeto:

very much this ^^^^^^^. As said the op has fulfilled his/her legal obligations and if the Co in question are too lazy or incompetant to fulfill theirs it’s not the op’s problem any longer. If I was the op and they wanted the card downloading then they would be travelling to my house at a time of my choosing and bringing a portable card reader with them.

shep532:

weeto:

If you are working somewhere now maybe ask them if they can download the card and email you the ‘raw’ file then you email it to the old employer. That would satisfy their legal obligations and make sure they don’t have missing data.

That’s a lot of effort on my part when they owe me money

philw:
but, how do I stand with VOSA

You have no worries. You haven’t committed an offence. If they were to ask tell them what you told us.

philw:

Eat My BB:

No, I’m pretty sure it’s the drivers responsibility, the buck stops here and all that, I maybe wrong though

The responsibility of the driver ends with making the card available for download. If the employer doesn’t diwnload it then it’s not the driver’s problem.

the maoster:

weeto:

very much this ^^^^^^^. As said the op has fulfilled his/her legal obligations and if the Co in question are too lazy or incompetant to fulfill theirs it’s not the op’s problem any longer. If I was the op and they wanted the card downloading then they would be travelling to my house at a time of my choosing and bringing a portable card reader with them.

My last message was basically, if you don’t arrange a time for Saturday then it’s up to you to come to me, I was just worried as it’s the driver responsibility to have card downloaded VOSA might try and have my pants down

Thank you every one for your input