Help - can I do this? C1 + trailer

I’ve been offered a days work with an agency, driving 7.5t and trailer for a plant hire company. The question is, they say the trailer is 2 ton, can I do this? I’ve got the code 101 next to C1+E on my licence, so I was under the assumption I can’t, but the agency are saying I can. I’ve got cat C if it makes a difference, but not C+E yet, so is it a yay or nay?

No, you’re limited to a 750 kgs trailer.

I’m just learning myself, so don’t take this as anything but google says if the total is under 12 ton you can have a trailer over 750KG. The 101 is D category hire and reward or maybe this means you have to take DCPC even under aquired rights? not sure.

C1+E
Medium-sized vehicles
with trailers
As category C1 but with a trailer
weighing more than 750kg. The
total weight of the vehicle and
the trailer can’t weigh more than
12,000kg. The weight of the trailer,
when fully loaded, can’t weigh
more than the unladen weight of
the vehicle.

I think the OP meant a 107 restriction and mistakenly put 101 :slight_smile:

Probably the 107 restriction which is 8250kg, the trailer can be more than 750kg as long as its less than the lorry. The 101 restriction is not for hire and reward and applies to D1 minibuses if you have the categories by grandfather rights.

1968kg:
Probably the 107 restriction which is 8250kg, the trailer can be more than 750kg as long as its less than the lorry. The 101 restriction is not for hire and reward and applies to D1 minibuses if you have the categories by grandfather rights.

Spot on with the 101 code

The 107 code is a maximum MAM, not actual weight.

These would be legal examples…

7.5 GVW + 750 kgs plated MAM trailer
6.0 GVW + 2.25 tonne plated MAM trailer
5.0 GVW + 3.25 tonne plated MAM trailer

The unrestricted C1+E has a max GTW (actual weight) of 12 tonnes but the total MAMs could add up to say 15 tonnes legally