HELP adr limited quantities

carrying limited quantities 4 1/2 ton do i need my orange boards up ?

markrhyl:

I’l bet dieseldave our ADR ‘anorak’ sees this and asks what you are carrying and in what size containers…

Yes you do Mark, only allowed LQ up to 1000kgs then ADR applies.

skids:

ok thanks skids its a question my mate has asked me to put up …

markrhyl:

ROG is correct that I’ll ask how the stuff is packaged.

Until I know that, it is impossible for me (or anybody else) to answer your question. :wink:

BTW, skids is completely wrong about the Limited Quantity limit being 1,000, because Limited Quantites has NO threshold limit.

:bulb: People often misunderstand the difference between Limited Quantites and transport below threshold limits, and then go on to mistakenly start to apply the relevant limit for the Transport Category of the goods. There is absolutely NO connection between the two different concepts of Limited Quantities and transport below threshold limits.

skids:

Sorry skids, but from the way you’ve written that, it’s completely incorrect.

dieseldave:

skids:

thanks hes sorted it out now… :smiley:

markrhyl:

dieseldave:

skids:

thanks hes sorted it out now… :smiley:

OK Mark, I’ll take your word for it, but Limited Quantities is all about the sizes of the packages, NOT the weight that you are carrying.

Once Limited Quantity cargo has been correctly identified, there is a marking requirement under the following circumstances:

IF the vehicle (or container) has an authorised GVW >12t and >8t of Limited Quantity cargo is being carried, then vehicle markings will be required.

The 4,500 Kgs of LQ stuff in your question doesn’t need vehicle markings.

I stand corrected! :blush:

skids:
I stand corrected! :blush:

Hi skids,

Please don’t be too hard on yourself mate, this is a very common error, which usually starts by somebody calling something by the wrong name and it all goes horribly downhill pretty quickly after that.

:bulb: The first question should always be about the size of the package, then we ask what weight is to be loaded etc.

If it’s done that way, you could possibly get an exemption for a whole load, whereas when we look at just the weight loaded, you’ll only get an exemption for a smallish amount of cargo. :wink: :smiley:

Bit late with a reply but being a euro thread dont you have to declare at port of depart and display for the crossing ?

graeme1970:
Bit late with a reply but being a euro thread dont you have to declare at port of depart and display for the crossing ?

Hi graeme1970,

Sorry mate, but the question was pretty clearly a ‘road’ question, because the requested info relates to orange plates.

IMDG doesn’t recognise ADR orange plates, but you’re spot-on that dangerous goods have to be declared at the port of departure.