Help 15 hour day extended!

My boss has told me that you can work for more than 15 hours in a shift as your poa`s dont count as working time, he said that i you sit around for 2 or 3 hours you can add them to the end of you shift as long as you dont break the 10 hours driving rule. is he right■■?

mike_staffs:
My boss has told me that you can work for more than 15 hours in a shift as your poa`s dont count as working time, he said that i you sit around for 2 or 3 hours you can add them to the end of you shift as long as you dont break the 10 hours driving rule. is he right■■?

Yes of course he is :wink: unless you want to stick to the daily rest rules within a 24 hour period.

Tell him he is a twit with an @ :smiley:

Wrong!!!

You must complete a daily rest period before the end of the 24 hour period which begins at the start of your shift.

if you start at 07:00 you must have had either 11 hours or a reduced 9 hours rest before 07:00 the following day.

If your boss has internet access may I suggest he visits this site :slight_smile:

OR - if you have the e-mail address for your boss/company - send them a link to the relevant forum. :bulb:

another thought - PM me the e-mail adress and I’ll send the link :wink:

I live in Tamworth ( Well someone has to) Who is it?

Sounds like he needs some education… A blatant attempt to bend the rules.

ROG:
If your boss has internet access may I suggest he visits this site :slight_smile:

Or he can have my mobile number if he likes, I’m in the mood for a good hours rules argu… discussion. So far this week I am 2 for 2 so wouldn’t mind getting the hat trick. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :smiley:

mike_staffs:
My boss has told me that … … your poa`s dont count as working time,…

Well. he is correct :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

…will coffeeholic be 3 for 3…

… I don’t think so… but then again… :exclamation:

…But they do count towards the maximum legally allowable TOTAL SHIFT TIME :slight_smile:

ROG:

… I don’t think so… but then again… :!

Think i would be against a numpty who clearly lacks much knowledge of the regs.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

… I don’t think so… but then again… :!

Think i would be against a numpty who clearly lacks much knowledge of the regs.

Like ME :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mike_staffs:

Tell him that there is a job opportunity at Jongleurs in Leicester for a resident stand up comedian, and the opinion here is that he should apply with his qualifications :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think ur TM wants to get someone the sack ,
tell him go swim with the big fishies and play in the lion park and if that fails shoot the dumb ■■■

mike_staffs:

tell him to read gv 262 he mite learn something :slight_smile:

It’s not legal as said, because you have to have at least 9hours rest within 24hours of starting your shift, so 15hours is the maximum time you can be on duty (tacho mode is irrelevant, it’s all duty time).

More to the point, even if it was legal why would you want to work for more than 15hours in one go even through choice, certainly not being told to do it.