Hello

Hello

I thought I would introduce myself after visiting the forum as a guest for some time now, My name is Richard and I have grown up around trucks where I spent most of my summer holidays with my dad. he was a driver for G&J Ping from the early seventies until his untimely death in the early nineties. I do not know if any of you remember him but his name was Eric Rippon and I am interested to see if anyone has any photos of the Pings fleet through that era? my favourite truck that he drove was an old F7 which I would find myself taking my test in one many years later! Dad always told me not to become a driver but three years after he sadly passed I took my class 1 so I could take up a driving post at Woodston Warehousing in Peterborough (Part of Asforby Haulage&Storage Melton ) There is something about driving that gets under your skin, its like a drug once tried you crave the challenge I guess? but part of it is the laughs as there are some characters out there!
I spent six years at Woodston then I moved to Biffa Waste where I currently reside as a office bod after 9 years driving most trucks, I still think about driving every now and again and visiting this forum has helped me reconnect with my childhood through some of the old photos, I still remember being told to stay under dads duffle coat on the bunk as the site did not allow kids onsite. happy days.