Hello

Well, I’ve been a long time lurker of this forum and decided today to join up. Little about me, I’m currently in work driving a van delivering laundry. I’ve already passed my cpc and hazard perception for 7.5ton hopefully pass the Therory at the 3rd attempt :frowning: next month. Would have liked to go for the biggie 1st chance but I’m afraid cash flow the issue so happy enough to just get a foot on the ladder so to speak. Anyway I’ve just had my hours cut at work to 3 days. Which at this time of year we all knows a bit crap. So hopefully the quicker I get the tests passed and get the licence I will hopefully get some hours back. Just wondered if you guys knew of anything I could do with getting experience in getting a foot on the ladder, earn some extra money to pay test fees etc.
cheers stew

Agency have you tried them tell them what you work now & see if they can work round that

Or go to a Mac D see if they are taking on in your area then you will b able to get the cash flow

Sorry but my crystal ball broke :bulb:

try comet or currys thay always wanting mates and drivers 7.5t & 3.5t worth tracking them down this time year thay both hire … good luck mate

Cheers for replies. Just worried if getting any agency work would affect my tax etc in my current job. I’ve read that a few want you self employed etc.

If it were me I Wouk skip the 7.5t and go straight for the class 2, not much difference in price and it would entitle you to all rigid vehicles. Just doing the 7.5t, if later in life you wanted to progress up to class 2 you would have to take the tests all over again.

Best of luck with whichever you decide.

Cheers for that Tarrman. Do you or anybody for that matter know what I’d have to do regarding medical, HPT, CPC test etc as I’ve already passed those.

Cheers stew

Should be same for 7.5 as for Cat C

But if have licence back check on there to see what you have

bluestew:
Cheers for that Tarrman. Do you or anybody for that matter know what I’d have to do regarding medical, HPT, CPC test etc as I’ve already passed those.

Cheers stew

You mean you’ve already done the theory & CPC etc?

Yes. Passed them

You’re ready to roll. Book some free assessment drives and make sure you’re happy with what is on offer. I suggest you try 7.5 tonne and Cat C. Find out the difference. Avoid the brokers like the plague.

Finally, if you have any intention of having assessments or training on CAT C, check your provisional to make sure you have entitlement. Your theory passes will count for both C1 (7.5 tonne) and C so no worries there.

Best of luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What he said^^^^ :smiley:

Much obliged to the both of you. Hopefully should pass theory soon and then crack on and pay the extra and go straight in at cat c. Hopefully get some hours back at work to pay for it or try the agencies.

Cheers stew