Hello

Denis F:

Pointman:
Found a website for a company by the name of Uniload, as they have a training program for new starters, it may be a sensible first step for experience.

try doing a search of these forums first :wink:

I would agree with Denis.
Uniloads are advertising in the jobcentre at the moment and the training scheme for new drivers does look promising, however

what you will actually be doing is trade plating.
ie
you take a lorry from point A to point B and deliver it.
You then have to hitchike to point C for your collection.
etc

Cheers Ian,

I feel the hard part is yet to come, passing my Class 1, and then surviving the horrors of what is thrown at me once I have my licence, LOL.

Where I live there are plenty of companies; Stobbarts, Browns, Haulage Express, DHL, GEO Post and Lynx to name a few, they all use class 1 vehicles. It seem’s Class 2 work with the agencies is very little and already taken it seem’s by long term placements.

3663 doesn’t have a depot here, the nearest being in Newcastle, they only do change-overs in Carlisle. A friend of my mum’s has just been asked back by them.
Fowler Welch use Penrith, a short trip down the M6, as their change-over location.

Hello Semtex,

Cheers. I think I will do as Ian says, approach the local companies first, get their reaction, who knows, they may be willing to give me a chance, and if all else fails, then give Uniload a try. But, Ian also mentions, Christmas is only just round the corner, so maybe I can get a slice of that pie, then who knows :slight_smile:

Many Thanks,

Ian

Things are changing at Fowler Welch, it seems they are stopping the Penrith based change-overs now.

Hopefully they won’t pick another site outside of ■■■■■■■■

Pointman:
I passed my Class 2, phew.

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers Rog,

That’s the first step out of the way, now to just keep the momentum going and get my Class 1, then the hard work of learning all the right things, quickly and safely will begin.

Passed my Class 1 :smiley: and just waiting to hear back from a couple of firms with a hope to getting a job.

Even had some promising news about work in Canada, just one slight thing to sort, then hopefully :slight_smile:))