Hello

Hiya I’m new to this site and thought I best introduce myself myself. I’m an ex RAF Stacker now in the trucking game. I got my class 1 (CE) in 2004. Rarely used in Raf but looking to use now. (lack of confidence on reversing stops me). I am currently doing class 2 agency work in the north east but not many good paid gigs. Maybe I am with the wrong agency? Currently driving for P&H this week. Any hoot that will do for now so hello all.

welcome to the site chap

Easiest way to get over reversing is to get the agency to send you on a few shunting jobs. The good paid gigs go to the agency drivers who’ve been there the longest first usually.

welcome m8 get yourself into as much class one as poss on agency .asap dont worry about getting her backed in 1st time just take your time u be ok iv been backing em up 30yrs and still make a fool of myself just stay calm smile and have another go gd luck

Conor:
Easiest way to get over reversing is to get the agency to send you on a few shunting jobs. The good paid gigs go to the agency drivers who’ve been there the longest first usually.

Cheers for advice fella I got one decent week at Port. I will be asking for shunting work seems best way ahead. I’m fine driving forwards round towns. Just need to build up confidence. Thanks again.

Hi mucker where all in it together

stevejones:
welcome m8 get yourself into as much class one as poss on agency .asap dont worry about getting her backed in 1st time just take your time u be ok iv been backing em up 30yrs and still make a fool of myself just stay calm smile and have another go gd luck

Ha ha brill I have done the odd class one gig and that’s pretty much what I did. Thanks for support mate.

Similar to Steve,been driving for longer than i care to remember and still c0ck it up on reversing. :smiley:

Ask the agency if they can put you with an experienced Class 1 driver for a couple of days;try not to think about going backwards too much.
Watch some vids on youtube or such like and visualize yourself a few minutes before you go to kip and upon waking,doing the perfect reverse.Might sound daft,but lots of people swear by it,■■■■■■■ hell ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Big area the north east is… :wink:

Done P&H myself chap.

Condolences to you! Work is work though. And it gets your reversing skills right up to scratch.

Goldfinger:
Big area the north east is… :wink:

I live in sunderland mate but work all over north east lol

Ramon123:
Similar to Steve,been driving for longer than i care to remember and still c0ck it up on reversing. :smiley:

Ask the agency if they can put you with an experienced Class 1 driver for a couple of days;try not to think about going backwards too much.
Watch some vids on youtube or such like and visualize yourself a few minutes before you go to kip and upon waking,doing the perfect reverse.Might sound daft,but lots of people swear by it,[zb] hell ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers for advice mate

Mainly class 2 on P&H money is shocking in my opinion.

Agreed. Very hard work for not a lot of money. I only did the job because I had passed class 2 and wanted the driving experience.