Hello, new wannabe here. :)

Hi all, just joined the forum but been lurking for days, after a recommendation from a separate forum.
I’ve been looking into re-training, now that I’ve reached forty and still on minimum wage (been an artist all my life, so never had any money!) and am thinking about finally taking the plunge and going for a C licence, with a view to eventually getting a C+E. I nearly did it a decade ago, but life problems got in the way. Plus, I’ve been van-driving part time for a back-up job while I continue with my art, and enjoying it so much I want to take it further.
At the moment, I’m a bit bamboozled by exactly what needs to be done in what order, and how to find a good training company (though I’ve been recommended one - I live near Chesterfield, and someone recommended Trent Training), but it looks like a thorough search here in these forums will help. :slight_smile:
Anyway, not got much more to say, except hello again, hope to be participating a bit more. :slight_smile:

Judy

Firstly I call a few companies and ask for an assessment drive. If you are based in Chesterfield then Peter Smythe is one of the companies you need to call.

You are a stones throw from this forums sponsor = Peter Smythe LGV school at Mansfield where as a member you get 10% off

Its a no brainer :smiley:

Oh that’s great news, thank you for the recommendation. I’ll be contacting them soon then.

Look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, fire away with any questions.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

agreed. Its not just about the discount though. Its the quality training they provide. Very professional and nice trucks as well. I doubt you could do much better than pstt.