Hello need advice please

Hello lady’s and gentlemen.

Need some help so any advise would be appreciated. I have had my class 2 for 8 years and was driving bin wagons with the Birmingham city council for the last 6 years before i was made redundant, with my money i decided to do my class 1 which i passed. Reading through this forum this will be a familiar story but i have been to at least 30 transport companies in the west midlands joined 10 agencies but no one will give me a go.

The thing i find most annoying is that i cant even get a break with a class 2 wagon, not drove curtain sider, tail lift blah de blah. I dont want to sound big heade but i can drive a class 2 easy, i was hoping to get in to a company then move to class 1 with them once i have proved myself.

Please can someone give me a confidence boost or advise. I am currently driving a 7.5 tonne delivering sofas which is ok but its a 70 mile round trip which is not good for the bank balance but at least one agency gave me something.

Cheers for reading.

shows just how bad it is … out there … 7.5 tonne ■■■■■■■ sofa’s not the best work in the world but its better than nowt fella…
invest in doing some other training, if funding is available i.e hiab , adr,moffett, ipafs will increase your chances of getting more regular work

I was thinking of doing my hiab but in two minds. Will they ask for 2 years experience for hiab? Would do them all if I thought someone would give me a blast! :smiley:

You have been doing the right things so far, but you just gotta keep at it, it’s a case of being in the right place at the right time. Every company that an agency sends you to, let them know you have class 1 as well, then one day they might need a class 1 driver and hopefully you will be in the right place at the right time.

I done my class 1 in November 2010 and i had to wait til march 2011 to get goin in an artic, I haven’t looked back since.

Good luck hope something comes along soon.

We’re getting to that time of year when things start picking up again. There is a secret that will help you immensely in trying to achieve your ambition… :wink:

:arrow_right: Try, try and try again!