Hello I am a bit of an odd ball here

paulob1:
okay will do, blew up the engine on my stalwart last week, thats a big job, and a real pain…but still will get it sorted, need a full time mechanic really…anyone know of some one with mechanical skills who can drive a truck, a tractor a crane and other toys along with help with a bit of installation work and farming work (only for fun at the moment i am building a new herd and just looking to get into more farming) a bit of tree clearance and a lot more besides…let me know…

You need an ex-REME man mate. I would seriously consider speaking to someone at your local TA depot, they might well be able to point you in the right direction. Ex VM myself but that was a long time ago!

Check this lot out, they might be able to help you;

One tip with the Stalwart BTW; when you’re working on it, it pays to tie the spanner to your wrist 'cos if you drop it and it goes under the block you’ve got to take the bloody engine out to get at it! Every time we did an engine lift on one there used to be a a load of fitters sitting round the engine bay like vultures ready to re-stock their toolboxes!

thanks this works, i have registered with the board, very helpful, did try these a few years ago but they seem to have lost contact…

That link doesn’t work for the pictures, you need to put www. in front of it and I think there is a mistake in the rest of the line.