Hello Guys New Driver From Plymouth

Hello all,
Just quick hello, im from plymouth passed my Class one 3 weeks ago and been driving professionally for two weeks now and driving for Brit European Out of Belgium delivering carpets to places like carpet right, and all other stores small or big from london down to falmouth, Currently Drive a Man XXL 440. Im 23 so if anyone sees me about i am old enough i just look younger :smiley:.

i get another XXL tuesday as im borrowing the current one in the picture as he was on holiday, so i wont be missing writing on the one ill be getting. Burst a oil pipe on this one and took the paint of the bonnet :frowning:.
Then in febuary getting one of those new actros’ that just come out the medium sized one. happy days.

Hope to see some of you about, if you see me give us a flash.
Lamby in the window :smiley:

Cheers James

congrats on passing and ya getting some work. sounds like your doing good. how long have you been driving lorrys ? take it you were driving c1 befor. hows the first couple of weeks been ?

Well done on the test pass and welcome to site.

Note: you might want to invest in some steelies and a high vis…once you got your first months pay. Should imagine even a roll of carpet will leave your toes pretty flat.

cheers guys, well once from doing class 2 traning went straight into class one training and got a job straight after with brit european, my dad just retiered and ive taken his place and hes rolling with me till xmas to show me the ropes, driving isnt a problem learnt alot from being with my dad from young age, its knowning where to go and best way to unload weather move load from front to back if no space to jack knife etc, ive only been driving professionally two weeks and two days. this is my 2nd full week ive done, and started ona thursday just over two weeks ago. i have a hi vis and steelies. but was a bit warm that day was running around light a headless chicken. usually keep the shoes on the step as the door has the step covers on them and those slipper shoes are my driving one. first couple weeks been harder than i thought, i used to usually sleep when my dad was doing early starts, now doing 2am starts or 3am starts from tilbury to down my end then do deliverys does half kill you haha. but then you get the good nights where you can get 12-13 hours of depending on where you are and when the next shop opens:d.

Hi lamby, you’ve got yourself a good start there & with yer dad to show you the ropes too, Happy Days :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Congratulations on your pass & welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you, yes to be honest must admit i have been quite fortunate to be in a position that i am with a job as i know first timers on the road struggles in getting a job. Something i wanted to do for a long time never had the money to do it. Was a panel beater for 6 years before now wont be missing working in the cold garage in the winter thats for sure :slight_smile:. Had a rather crap couple years down pretty low but i feel ive turned it around now and im where ive wanted to be :slight_smile:

Congrats, sounds like you’ve landed a great job from the start. Very lucky to have the chance, hope it works out

thanks, yes i think i have,i dont think lucky is the word to describe on a good starting point,put everything into driving and i hope it works out to. dont think i could get any more fortunate if i tried. cherrising every week im away in the job. :slight_smile: