Hello guys, i'm new to the forum

Hi everyone, I’m Brad and i’m new here.

I’m currently doing transporter work for a scrap yard in North London. Before that i have really only done vehicle recovery work for a large independent company again in the south, i’ve also done some 7.5t multi drop work.

This is my baby for the time being.

Having really done only recovery work in the past i haven’t had to use tacho’s as we were exempt, but now i need a crash course as i’m currently using one.

As far as i’m aware i can drive for 4.5 hrs then 45 min break then repeat, this can be extended by 1 hour twice over a fortnight.

Is that correct ■■ is there anything else worthwhile noting ■■

Thanks

Brad

BradCarTransporter:
As far as i’m aware i can drive for 4.5 hrs then 45 min break then repeat, this can be extended by 1 hour twice over a fortnight.

Twice a week, four times in a fortnight.

As coffee says you can drive for 10 hrs twice a week, not twice a fortnight, but also bear in mind the max driving for a fortnight is 90hrs. You need to have 11 hrs off between shifts, this can be reduced to 9hrs 3 times a week. The 45 minute break can be split into 15min first and then the 2nd must be at least 30min and must still be taken before the 4 1/2 hours max is up.
Thats the basics if you want to understand every rule and reg then you need a bloody degree in understanding b/s. cause common sense dont come into it.
Oh and welcome to the asylumn. :laughing: :laughing:

dowahdiddyman:
As coffee says you can drive for 10 hrs twice a week, not twice a fortnight, but also bear in mind the max driving for a fortnight is 90hrs. You need to have 11 hrs off between shifts, this can be reduced to 9hrs 3 times a week. The 45 minute break can be split into 15min first and then the 2nd must be at least 30min and must still be taken before the 4 1/2 hours max is up.

Three times between weekly rest periods, it can be more than three times per week since April 2007 when the rules last changed

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

Thanks for the reply’s guys :smiley:

I done a run on friday from my base in N17 to Sandtoft DN9 which took just under 4hrs each way. I have got to do the same run again on monday, i’m going to leave a few hours earlier this time incase of any hold ups. We don’t have sleeper cabs so i don’t fancy getting stuck out.

Tuesday will be a Darlington run which will obviously be a night out, can anyone recommend a truck friendly b&b around that area ?

Cheers

Brad

Londonderry Lodge
your going to have to do some research for B&Bs

i do damage repairable (apperently) for Overtons in Dyce

Due to loading / unloading time in your job, keep an eye on the 6hrs working time rule too.

You can only work upto 6hrs before having a break, and only?? 13hrs a day - can be extended to 15hrs 3 times per week - work anything over 13hrs and you’re into a reduced rest period. The 15hr rule and reduced rest are hand in hand, so if you do 11hrs but then have 9hrs off, you’ve still lost 1 of your 15hr extensions.

■■■■■■’ complicated rules, make it easy to fine drivers.

Oh, and don’t forget to ‘opt out’ of the 48hr average working time per week, or you’ll earn ■■■■ all.

hitch:
Londonderry Lodge
your going to have to do some research for B&Bs

i do damage repairable (apperently) for Overtons in Dyce

Cool thanks for that.

We recently (in the last week) have started buying off of Copart, usually its just a case of recovery yards, car auctions and we buy any car. Everything we do is scrap, which is nice as you can squash them down abit to get to an acceptable height :grimacing:

You could try the place at the 167 ( Aston Hotel ) I think its called easy to find when you come off at J59 IIRC then turn left instead of right for Darlington there is alo a Jet garage here you can park behind the garage there is plenty of places in there to eat as well

You can see it from the motorway as well as the Macd sign

This bloke is a member on here and wants to get more trucks and cater for us.

Mention TruckNet and see if you can get a deal on a room.

motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Fil … ng_Bar.jpg