Hello from South Wales

I had a look for the appropriate place to put this and this seems to be it! A BIG hello from South Wales. I have recently passed the 4 elements of the initial Class c tests/modules. I am happy to say I passed all parts first time (so is my bank account). I have a plan and would like to hear input from those with experience. It goes a bit like this, Take up temp positions until around the middle to end of January to gain some practical experience (I have only done 20 hours in class C). I then intend to gain ADR and PDP, I will also go and get C&E (I am not sure which order to do this in). My end goal is fuel delivery.
Any hints, tips or personal experience is gladly received. I am currently in Cardiff but would move to Bedford area if the work were there.
I feel like I have got my licence at a good time of year, I m not sure how true this is though. The majority of the work near me (isn’t that near) is in or around Bristol/Avonmouth. The main problem with this is the £40 in per week in bridge fairs! I understand this is going to be reduced soon though.
ATB Tommy.

:smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks very much ROG.

I shall just work it out for my self then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

TommyTanker:

Why move to Bedford as there’s plenty on around Bristol area and as you said the tolls are going to be reduced.

With regards to work take any agency work that comes along to gain experience but also it will not harm you to apply for any full time position that comes along as some companies prefer newbies as they can train them up the company way and my old firm Culina were pretty good at doing that.

bald bloke:

TommyTanker:

Why move to Bedford as there’s plenty on around Bristol area and as you said the tolls are going to be reduced.

With regards to work take any agency work that comes along to gain experience but also it will not harm you to apply for any full time position that comes along as some companies prefer newbies as they can train them up the company way and my old firm Culina were pretty good at doing that.

Hi Baldbloke,
Thanks for your reply. My wife has all her family either in Bedford or Ireland. Personally, I would rather not move there but she if she insists then I can not say no. She is the one left home all day with the kids. I have had phone calls from three agencies who want me to go and sign up with them, they are offering work the next day they claim. I have also had a telephone interview with a motoring organisation about driving their recovery vehicles, I passed this and am awaiting a date for a face to face interview. Although the money isn’t bad, It’s not what I ultimately want to do, however, I understand that I need experience and I would rather a year with the motoring organisation than the insecurity at an agency. Sadly my wife is away until next week and I am home with two kids to look after. I am impatient and really am itching to get out there and start driving.
ATB
Tommy.