Hello!..and a couple of questions

what tonka is quoting for a medical at £15 is very cheap , I could not get anthing like that price near me & had to pay £80 for mine :open_mouth: Why pay more if you dont have to :exclamation:

bonnie lass where bout are you :question:

i payed £40 for mine this was part of the full fee

Hi Bonnie Lass - very good question. I never even thought of that. I’ve got a gratis assessment drive with a company on Friday morning - just off the phone to them - £820 for 20 hrs. I think that includes test fee and VAT. I’ll clarify this, and other stuff/priceson Friday morning. Depending on final price, might end up mixing triaining providers for driving and CPC.

Tonka - you must be on commission mate! Anyhoo, phoned the guy in Willenhall for a medical - he’s retired. Also, see above - assessment drive with Grants. I’ll just book a medical with driversmedicals.com - my own GP wants £75 for it :imp: Really kicking myself now though, had my medical done for free last year, and never posted it off. :bulb:

Cheers

Ah do apologise about the medical. For £15 it was always going to come to an end…how rude to retire :laughing:

caitlinsdad:
Really kicking myself now though, had my medical done for free last year, and never posted it off.

Did you get the D4 medical forms filled out at that time? I maybe totally wrong (like normal) but there might be an overlap in the time that these stay active for. Im probably wrong, however there are more knowlegdeable people on these page who will probably tell me im talking rubbish

caitlinsdad:
Tonka - you must be on commission mate!

Ah well you know, gotta pay for the private jet, rolls royce some how aint ya? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
As ive said previously i was converted in the end so much so that I did a back to back course with them (well once the licence came back from being upgraded) which resulted in passess first time on both the rigid and wag and drag. The added bonus is that cos i did both courses with them they give you 7hrs free cpc.
This is my rigid diary with GoC viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50952&p=588357#p588357
Hope these help.

Just another question…when did you pass your car test?

Yeah, got the forms filled out - needs to be with the DVLA within 6 months IIRC.

Car licence in Jan 1999.

Ah its me being a skinflint and saving whatever I can :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: For some reason i was under the impression it lasted five years or until you hit 45yrs of age…Must be old age setting in on my behalf :blush: :blush: :blush:
Yeah unfortunately you would need to do the INITAL CPC

Hi caitlinsdad,

… and sorry for missing your post. :blush: :blush: :blush:

animal:
found how do do caps as well DD :laughing:

:open_mouth: I didn’t miss this though. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Hi Dieseldave - no worries!

So another question just entered my noggin. Can’t believe I never thought of it earlier.

It it possible to have an assessment drive without being in possession of a medical/provisional? Or are assessments carried out off the public highway?

Cheers

CD…

caitlinsdad:
So another question just entered my noggin. Can’t believe I never thought of it earlier.

It it possible to have an assessment drive without being in possession of a medical/provisional? Or are assessments carried out off the public highway?

Cheers

CD…

From my understanding of the process i had to have my medical before got provisional on licence no provisional on licence cant drive a cat c for assesment and i had my assesment on highway so think you need those steps first may be corrected but think thats right :slight_smile: jennie x

Jennie:

caitlinsdad:

Cheers

CD…

From my understanding of the process i had to have my medical before got provisional on licence no provisional on licence cant drive a cat c for assesment and i had my assesment on highway so think you need those steps first may be corrected but think thats right :slight_smile: jennie x

+1 from me

Jennie is on the ball :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: , as far as im aware you need to have the provisional on licence before you go for the assessment.
Also they are normally conducted on public highways, as ultimately this is were you will be doing your test so allows the trainers to have a true insight into your abilities.

D’oh!

Thanks tonka and Jennie.

Ah well, won’t be as quick off the mark as I’d hoped. Hey ho.

Medical booked for Wednesday :slight_smile:

Cheers

CD…

tonka236:
Oh forgot to mention the medical. Must be old age setting in…
Seeing as you appear to be local to the Wolverhampton area then…
Mr D Pottinger
Lyndhurst
Wolverhampton Street
Willenhall
WV13 2NL
Tel 01902 635952
£15 - Jul 10

Dr Pottinger has now retired,and no longer doing LGV Medicals.

There is Dr Hill, in the same area, his details can be found on the Cheap Medicals thread, in the Useful Links forum. - HERE -

Another Driving Trainer in your area is A. Hingley Training Ltd. May be worth a look - HERE-

I had to have my medical then the licence before I could do an assessment drive ( took a while for licence to come back for me btw ) but that is another story

I had my assessment drive on the highway

Kate:

tonka236:
Mr D Pottinger
Lyndhurst
Wolverhampton Street
Willenhall
WV13 2NL
Tel 01902 635952
£15 - Jul 10

There is Dr Hill, in the same area, his details can be found on the Cheap Medicals thread, in the Useful Links forum. - HERE -

Another Driving Trainer in your area is A. Hingley Training Ltd. May be worth a look - HERE-

WOAH…something out of date on trucknet :question: NEVER :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tonka236:

Kate:

tonka236:
Mr D Pottinger
Lyndhurst
Wolverhampton Street
Willenhall
WV13 2NL
Tel 01902 635952
£15 - Jul 10

WOAH…something out of date on trucknet :question: NEVER :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually the Medicals Thread was updated last week as soon as I was told of Dr Pottingers retirement. I can’t be everywhere at once :smiley: and do rely on you guys for updates. :wink:

How rude to have retired thou :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

btw it was all TIC

Hi Kate, and thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I found out Dr Pottinger had retired when I called him last week :frowning:

I’ve got my medical on Wednesday, managed to pull a few strings, so should be gratis! (now’s the time to confess I’m a Scotsman and could peel an orange in my pocket!) I also managed to acquire some old theory test and hazard perception test training materials - there’s another 50 notes saved! I’m passing all the theory tests, and most of the hazzard perception tests (I’m really rubbish at them for some reason).

I had a look at the conpany you suggested, but they’re way too expensive. I’m 99% certain the company tonka suggested is the one I’ll go for. I payed them a visit on Friday morning and spent about an hour chatting to the gaffer. I even sat in a truck!

Looking forward to Wednesday afternoon so I can get my licence application in the post, get that back then book the theory/hazard test.

Cheers,

CD…

My training provider sorted everything out for me inc medical also lending me the CDs but only the HPT worked in my machine so had to borrow 1 for the theory

All the 1 in my area do this & they all cost approx the same just how you feel with each 1

But when you get your licence back go visit all in your area for an assessment to see how you feel with each 1 as that can make a difference to you mind especially if they are free & have different vehicle then you get a feel for which you are most comfortable with/in

as here

1 uses a MAN TGA 410 52 plate
1 uses a Scania ( irish plates but is fairly new )
1uses a MAN P plate
sorry cant remember what the other uses :blush: but they are a bit more expensive & tbh not much different